WnSoft Forums

Run slideshow from slide

When running a manually operated slideshow, is it possible to get the action of changing the slide to trigger the running of an exe slideshow, and then to return to the next slide in the manual presentation. I know this is possible with the mouse click action but I like to keep the mouse hidden during my manual presentations.

Geoff

Geoff,

There is no Run Slideshow feature to perform the action as you describe. However, you can use the Run External Application feature of the Customize Slide option to achieve the same effect. This Run Application does have some limitations and will use/open the application as a additional task item.

*Make sure you enable the Project Option - Pause when Slideshow Window becomes inactive so the slideshow continues after the external application exits.

Guest Yachtsman1

When running a manually operated slideshow, is it possible to get the action of changing the slide to trigger the running of an exe slideshow, and then to return to the next slide in the manual presentation. I know this is possible with the mouse click action but I like to keep the mouse hidden during my manual presentations.

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Have you tried using your keyboard direction arrows as opposed to a mouse click, it's only a thought, I have done something similar with a Christmas presentation I'm doing for a local care home, my intervening slides are black.

Regards

:unsure: yachtsman1

Thanks for the info, I tried both methods, but neither really gave me what I am looking for. Does anyone else think that this would be a useful addition to PTE as it would be a very slick way of keeping a mixed presentation going through the evening. Maybe something for Igor and team to consider for a future update.

Thanks nobeefstu and yachtsman1 for your input

Geoff

Geoff,

tried both methods, but neither really gave me what I am looking for. Does anyone else think that this would be a useful addition to PTE as it would be a very slick way of keeping a mixed presentation going through the evening.

It would be a good addition. I think when the Run Slideshow and Run Slideshow with Return feature was first created ... it somehow was overlooked to be included with the current Slide Options - Advanced Options.

What was not acceptable (neither really gave me what I am looking for) with the Run External Application method ? If you think about it ... the Run Slideshow with Return would work pretty much the same except it wont open the slideshow as an additional task item. It will also require the other slideshows to be made with the same exact version build. So is there something else you are looking for it to do?

Hi nobeefstu after doing another check then I agree with you that the Run External Application method does do what I want. However it would be good if it was an option in the O&A window so hopefully Igor will see this and agree.

Thanks for the help

Geoff