WnSoft Forums

Multiple keypoints

tomg

I am having a frustrating time in trying to apply multiple keypoints using PTE 6.5. I have a background image and in the objects and animation window I bring image1 onto the background image. Image1 starts just outside the background ( keyframe 1) and 4 seconds later it finishes in the middle of the background ( keyframe 2). Now I want image1 to stay in the same place for a further 4 seconds. So further along the timeline I right-click and add keyframe 3. I make the time of keyframe 3 four seconds more than keyframe 2. But when I play I find it doesn't work. Instead of image1 stopping at keyframe 2 and remaining in the same position for 4 seconds until keyframe 3 is reached what happens is that the movement is continuous from keyframe 1 to keyframe 3. Keyframe 2 is ignored. So what am I doing wrong ? I hope someone can help.

Best Regards,

Tom

Please klick on Keyframe2 - Is Image1 in the desired position where it should stay for 3 seconds?

Please klick on Keyframe3 - Is Image1 in the same position as before?

The next to check is:

Animation tab: Is animation set to "linear" on all three animation forms?

If it is not "linear" you need to separate the animation for keypoints. Open the animation Dropdown-Box, choose "setting up" and klick on "separate here" for every single keypoint. You need to repeat this for every animation form "pan, zoom and rotation"

For better explanation see Linearity in UserGuide

Hi Stardealer,

After adding keypoint 3, image1 is in the centre of the background but then, at keypoint2, image 1 has shifted back to a position part way between keypoint 1 and keypoint 3. If I now delete keypoint 3, then image 1 at keypoint 2 reverts back to the centre position. What effectively happens is that when keypoint 3 is added keypoint 2 ceases to have any function.

Tom

Hello Tom

Just picked up your question.

If I understand your query correctly you are wanting the inserted image on the background to remain static from keypoint 2 to keypoint 3 and then to move it to where you wish it to go.

You just need to add a further keypoint 4 and make the animation to that point from keypoint 3. I don't believe it has anything to do with the speed and type of animation ie, linear, accelerate, slow down and smooth.

Your time line in the objects and animation window will then have 4 keypoints... '1' where animation starts. It stops at '2'. Then is static until '3' and starts again and ends at '4'.

I hope this is helpful or have I completely misunderstood your problem.

Anthony

The second part of Stardealer's post solved the problem. As soon as I had keypoint 2 set to linear it became operational. I am grateful for the advice and can now get on with things.

Happy new year to you all,

Tom