WnSoft Forums

New Slideshow added

BootZilla

This is a sequence of images taken at the same location as the girl who supplied the photos used in 055 Lake O'Hara. However, Ron's photographic interpretation is totally different. His shots are more of a moody nature with misty landscapes and great rock formations. Also, the music I chose gives the sequence a feeling of haunting and loneliness. It's like trespassing on sacred ground.

You'll have to scroll down the show list to the 4th one down "056 Ron's Lake O'Hara"

Greg

My link

Greg, the important part first: Enjoyable, interesting, and well done!

I enjoyed 056 Ron's so much, that I then watched your 055 with the same result. Starting with some really nice photography of wonderous country, you constructed a fine presentation. I see you give credit to Barry for awakening and nurturing your PTE usage. That's great and you are clearly an attentive student. I think your use of well chosen transitions and placement of subsequent images is very good. I found I even liked Medwyn's music better than sometimes. I think his music is always good, but sometimes too little dynamic and melodic variation to justly present certain slide shows. So again, nice work on your part. A couple of technical considerations - On viewing 056 Ron's, a few of the images seemed to be stretched a little too large when viewing on my 1920 x 1200 screen. Some, only some, appeared they could have used a larger file, which may or may not have been available. The 055 photos however, did not suffer in my view. The other thing that caught my eye, seldom, but yet, were a few zooms or pans that exhibited a little jerk start. On the other side of things, I thought your movement of fog and the falling snow mist off the cliff were superb. So there's my thoughts, and now I realize, you may not have asked for them. :)

The final effect on me, mountain fan that I am, is I may need to trouble you for an itinerary of the journey in such gorgeous country! When I see those grand scenes, that's all I want to do - go feel them. Good job!

LumenLux -

Thanks for responding, happy to hear you enjoyed the shows. Yes, there was a difference in the file sizes of the 2 shows. Ron Davidson, a new client, shoots a much smaller image then the girl who shot 055, also a client. A few of Ron's images did suffer from the zoom effect but I couldn't resist using the FX anyway. I'm pretty lucky, most of my clients pretty much give me free rein to present their images the way I want along with choosing the music.

Yes, I love to give Barry credit for my advances in PTE and also Photoshop. His work is incredible along with his tutorials.

You asked about an itinerary re; the area depicted in the 2 shows. I'm not sure what you mean. The area in known as Lake O'Hara which is located in Yoho National Park in eastern British Columbia near the Alberta border. It's a very popular area and you need to apply for passes to get in. You can go on short day hikes or take several days to explore a wide area of the park. There are groups a cabins situated for overnite stays. However, you could be sharing with other hikers who have booked the same park time.

You could also contact Patti (pgordon@abccountry.ca)

Greg