WnSoft Forums

Abstract Beauty

colin hill

A short while ago I received a collection of pictures which were from various sources. These pictures really impressed me from an artistic

point of view and I decided to take these and incorporate them into graphics from Apothysis which Lin Evans recommended in one of the threads

in this forum.

What I came up with was a collection of artistic pictures. This was done by using mask in PTE and blending the pictures in with the graphics.

Some opacity was used in some of the pictures.

WARNING: This show contains significant nudity, though very artistic in nature. If this offends you, PLEASE do not download and watch.

I view this as an artistic experience and it is up to those who would like to view it to come up with their own interpretation.

This has not been shown in any way to offend anybody from this forum.

This slide show has been viewed by the forum moderators who have given me the go ahead to post, but with the stern warning notice.

If anybody would like me to provide the link for MAC users, please let me know.

http://www.mediafire.com/?napq97ovvx1ecgc

Well don't get me wrong, I quite like girly photos - not a problem for me. But to put a lot of girly photos on and surround them with swirls and think that is art - then it ain't - it's just girly photos with swirls.

For me this is JUST a pleasant sequence.I appreciate there are those (whether or not on the forum I know not) who will find such images offensive. I certainly do not but equally they do nothing for me in terms of artistic presentation or show.

Did you consider moving the swirls at all if that was a possibilty?

This does open that old old question

''What constitutes Art?''

Anthony

Colin -

What a great way to show off fractals. How did you get those girls to sign off on you using their images? :rolleyes:

Greg

Superb slideshow !

Sensual and very graphic !

Art or not art is of very poor interest. These images are beautiful, for me in any case, and that is enough for me... no need to give this opinion a word or definition..

Substitute the girls with sunflowers or apples or any vegetables, and those crying for non art will probably suddenly change there mind ;)!

Patrick

Colin

Like a breath of fresh air -- imagination and creativity -- full ws screen - no white border and manual control -just the right speed - i wasn't even tempted to try and pause your creative effort on first run thru --and I also put it up on the 37" ws tv - perfect

What more could you wish for ?

-- i was in awe all the way thru cool.gif

ken

Well don't get me wrong, I quite like girly photos - not a problem for me. But to put a lot of girly photos on and surround them with swirls and think that is art - then it ain't - it's just girly photos with swirls.

Felt a bit under the weather yesterday so had another look at the show today in light of my comments above. I still hold the same view but appreciate that Colin didn't put it forward as "Art". However, whether art or not, the show is very well done - so congratulations on that.

To all the forum members above who commented, a very big thank you.

I am relieved and heartened that your comments came across in a positive way.

As was mentioned in my post, interpretation was a big factor in this slide show. The way I looked at this show

could be vastly different to how other members perceived it to be. I think this holds true to any show that any

one of us post for others to view. What we may think is a masterpiece, others may view differently. This is where

constructive criticism comes in and could be very useful in eventually producing that masterpiece that everyone

agrees on.

Mick P I appreciate your comments. Your perception at the time of viewing was different to that of others. I must admit

that I have viewed the show a number of times and my views still hold. Your honesty is appreciated.

I have a lot of ideas for future shows with animation. I know this is not everybody's cup of tea, but I enjoy using my

imagination and expressing it in producing shows with this wonderful product and all that it can do.

Colin

Anthony, Mickp

Sorry for my bad english ....:angry:

I wanted to say that nudity was always a component off all artistic genres : painting , sculpture , photo , etc ; if I go to the Louvre or the Prado or the Vatican , I see pictures , statues with nudes .

I just wanted to say that I was happy to see that Colin found a way to introduce this type of photos in a pleasant slideshow . I love casttles , birds , lakes , cars , but too humans .

Art or no ? No importance !

What is art ? Which is the sex of angels ?

Two or three pleasant minutes are a great present ...Carpe diem !

A randomly chosen sequence of images of young women in typical poses with a musical background imperfectly synchronized. Maybe a nice presentation for people who like to see undressed female humans. Stopped it before it reached the final slide -_-

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver,

Couple questions: How do you know the sequences of images were "randomly chosen?" What is a "typical pose?" - typical for what? Just asking.... Would you prefer undressed male humans, or perhaps naked chickens - LOL...

Best regards,

Lin

A randomly chosen sequence of images of young women in typical poses with a musical background imperfectly synchronized. Maybe a nice presentation for people who like to see undressed female humans. Stopped it before it reached the final slide -_-

Regards,

Xaver

Guest Yachtsman1

Lighten up Mick. These ocassional spats keep the forum alive. I've had a few "El Alameins" with Xaver, it's just the way he is.

I haven't commented on the show, however I was a little shocked to read it had forum approval before posting. There are a number of ladies use the site, maybe a comment from a couple of members of the opposite sex would be interesting.

Yachtsman1

Eric

a show with all the warnings that nudity is involved deserves a showing -- it could have been statues from the Vatican then what would the comments be?

download at your own risk

esc key still works

and like a show on TV you can always change the channel

enjoy beauty while you can -- life is too short

http://en.wikipedia....odite_of_Cnidus

http://en.wikipedia....Vatican_Museums

http://www.superstock.com/stock-photography/Nude+Sculpture

the sculptures have been around for centuries and are famous pieces of art

and dont forget your trips to the Dr.'s office when you were wee people -- the national geographic magazines were in full view for all to browse

ken

Why can't someone express a view without such a connotation? Not worthy of you Patrick!

Wow ! Panzer division is manoeuvring !

Patrick

Lèche-bottes <_<

Clear, short and cultivated !

Mick,

As you see, this is not the first time that this poor fellow (user d67) conducts an attack against Xaver. But I can assure you that Xaver does not care about it.

Best regards

Xaver

Colin,

Of course it’s not the first time an AV has had naked ladies. We did have the risqué AV about Amsterdam,that featured Bill Clinton in a cameo role.

It had a Peep Show,Massage Parlour and naked dancing girls.There were also some drugs thrown in as well for effect.It featured on Beechbrook,of all places.

Back to your AV and just my take on it.I liked the concept,but some of the mechanics of it didn’t work for me.

Same girl pic in 1st and 2nd frame but image jumps to fill the vacant space left by the removal of text.

Text type font is a little on the ‘Roll UP, Roll UP’ side.

Rotating spiral was maybe too fast/not needed. It also revealed to be a rotating rectangle.

Taking away the moving spiral may have left the show feeling static though.

Maybe develop the the girls appearing gradually through gradual blending/fading between backgrounds. Maybe some subtle zooms.

I have seen 3 of these girl pics via Google Images (by mistake). Middle pic of the 3 girls (Angie)

features on the 4th page of July 2009 ‘What Streetwalker Monthly’.

Interesting article about her giving up naked Ice Skating.Something to do with the embarrassment of falls and suction.

There is at least one hi res pic (Google images)of the tattooed girl on the left,for a standout shot.

I would have avoided repeating model shots,except for different poses.

Music starts ok, but the piano playing is a tad ‘clanky’,or heavy handed for me.

So,a few things I would have changed,but that’s just my take and it’s not my AV.

Thanks to you for paving the way.

I can now get to work on my ‘Vestal Virgins of Rome’ AV. Just have to remove the original title. ‘Streetwalker Vixens’.

Thanks for this,

Davy

PS for Patrick. 'Naughty boy, get to the back of the Maginot Line'.

Davy,

Thanks so much for your constructive comments. There sure could be room for improvement. I do so enjoy

your humour and had a good chuckle. I have also had a good chuckle over previous threads. It is so good

having members adding their bit and reading the replies. One sure does need a good sense of humour

and I am sure many members have displayed this.

Ken,

I had a good chuckle at your reply to Eric. Thanks for that.

Lin,

Read your reply to Xaver at 5.30am this morning. It put a grin on my face, a good start to the day!

Once again, thanks to all who have commented, whether positive or negative.

Colin

Hi Lin!

... How do you know the sequences of images were "randomly chosen?" ...

Shuffle the slides of the said presentation. I'll bet, you will not notice it.

... What is a "typical pose?" - typical for what? ...

This seems to be a rhetorical question, isn't it?

... Just asking.... Would you prefer undressed male humans, or perhaps naked chickens - LOL ...

I do not think that this will rise the attractiveness of "Abstract Beauty". The shortcomings of the presentation's story will remain the same; but the author may give it a try :)

It is nice to see you back in this forum!

Best regards

Xaver

Xaver

Curiously , as Yachtsman said , your interventions are always the source of contreversy ...

I can understand the necesity to put an advice about particular subjects , but , please , consider that PTE is also a tool for smiling .

As said Ken, life is very short ...

I cannot imagine that you are you for an official use of slideshow tools ...

Regards

daniel

... your interventions are always the source of contreversy ...

Daniel,

You should not say "always", but "sometimes" should be OK. Only recently, a friend of mine, a photographer and photo journalist, told me: "Throughout my life, I have only learned from critique, never from praise and adulation." Is the slideshow section of the forum just for adulation? In this case I would consider it as useless, and I would stop to take any part in it. This is not the first time that this question has shown up, e.g. see here!

Best regards

Xaver

Regards,

Xaver

Mea culpa

Sorry for my hasty initial interpretation : the comments are obviously fine, delicate, genteel and respectuous !

Patrick...The poor fellow