WnSoft Forums

Out for a walk ...

Hubert

Hubert -

Good show especially the second half when the images appeared a little moody (dim lighting and mist) I found the pans were a little abrupt in starting and finishing.

Greg

Hubert -

You can adjust the start & end speeds of an animation by going into "objects & animation" and select the "animation" tab at the upper right. The default for all animations is "linear". You can click on the appropriate animation ( pan - zoom - rotate) and then click on "setting up" in the drop down window, that will open up the "speed options" window. Here you can change the speed of the start and end of that animation.

Barry Beckham has an excellent tutorial on this subject - click the link below.

Greg

My link

One thing I like to do in addition to the "Smooth" option is to fade into the zoom just after it starts and fade out just before it finishes. This means starting the zoom at the very start of the timeline and finishing it at the very end. You will loose a bit of the picture but it gives a very good effect.

Greg, Mick,

Thanks very much for this useful info. If I remember I saw this trick in a tutorial Lin made available.

I'l give it a try.

Luc,

Bedankt voor de nederlandstalige versie van de tuorial.

Zal die binnen de kortste keren eens grondig doornemen.

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

HUBERT

we are getting very few comments on the presentations - very discouraging for the authors

ken

Hi Ken,

Exactly!!!

(I'm still counting on yours... about my "main one"; the "fly joke" was just... a joke!)

Concerning "zooming/panning/rotation" (to Hubert... sorry, may be I am the 4th to reply, I'm safe now!):

I only want to help saying that I usually "dissolve" such moves in fade-ins/fade-outs (like Mick said), mainly when they do not start/end in a smooth way. I find "unacceptable" not to do so. And PTE offers all possibilities to manage this.

By the way (to Ken): why 3D parameters do not have these same variable options? I mean, an image to which we apply "smooth" to its zoom or pan, or rotation, and also 3D, these 3D will start/stop suddenly. Bad result, in my opinion, something to be part of some future update, don't you think?

Regards,

Jose

JOSE

PLEASE START A NEW THREAD in the

Ideas and suggestions for next versions

section

Igor more apt to see it

"By the way (to Ken): why 3D parameters do not have these same variable options? I mean, an image to which we apply "smooth" to its zoom or pan, or rotation, and also 3D, these 3D will start/stop suddenly. Bad result, in my opinion, something to be part of some future update, don't you think?

Regards,

Jose "

ken

Hi Hubert,

I downloaded your AV and have watched it several times now.

I liked the concept,but a few things I would look at/maybe change.

Major distraction was the quality of the music track (not the actual music).

To me it suffered from the dreaded mp3 scowl (rasp) of a low bit rate/quality recording.

Minor niggle, lose the mouse pointer.

Minor niggle, with the tree masking, you have left transferred artefacts from the previous image.

Minor niggle, camera sensor dust spots (I think).

Minor niggle, catch lights on the bull’s eyes at the end.

What would I change about the AV if it were mine? The duration.

Because of the often similar scenes,it was for me,just too long.Things change with the introduction of life (animals),

and with this injection of something other than the trees and snow,added interest.

I realise that this was a winter scene,but maybe compacting the AV by removing some of the similar images,

it might work/balance out better.Duration for me would be no more than 4 minutes.

Everybody will have a different take on things,

but this is just my non expert take on it,so please do not take offence.

Davy