WnSoft Forums

Timeline Operation

David Porter

Ref page 64 of the manual. Can anyone explain what "Synchronize music and slides" does and what and where is the "Customize Synchronization window". I have always had Synchronize m & S checked without knowing why but I cannot find any differences between having it checked or not.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Mick

I always have Synch' ticked, I use it because when viewing the show from part way through, the music keeps pace with whatever slide you start the show from. I think I un-ticked it where I was doing a manual show.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Thanks Eric, it all comes back to me now. I was looking for something that would move a section of slides together with the associated piece of music to a different place in the show rather than having to customize the music in Project Options and Audio Clip Properties. It sounded as if "Synchronize Music and Slides" may have done that - but sadly no. If anyone knows a way, please let me know. Thanks again.

I was looking for something that would move a section of slides together with the associated piece of music to a different place in the show rather than having to customize the music in Project Options and Audio Clip Properties. It sounded as if "Synchronize Music and Slides" may have done that - but sadly no. If anyone knows a way, please let me know.

Mick, I think you can achieve your aim by

(1) Untick "Synchronize Music and Slides"

(2) rather than setting your background music in Project Options, use Customise Slide and the Music tab.

Each of your background pieces can then be set to begin playing at a particular slide, and moving sections of slides with their music should be possible.

Regards

Ken T. (APLman)

Thanks Ken, I will try that for future reference. My current show is in four sections which I got nicely sync'd to four pieces of music and then decided to move one section. I've done it know but this should be useful for the future.