WnSoft Forums

Windows 7 SP1

BrianH

Whilst I appreciate this is not a direct PTE question it is a matter all Windows 7 PTE users will want to consider.

My laptop runs Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and as many are no doubt aware Microsoft have just released Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Thinking back to the problems encountered when XP Service Pack 3 was released, before I install this SP, I wondered if any other Windows 7 users have installed and come up with any problems?

Web browsing so far indicates a generally problem free installation and I have kept up with most important updates (bar a few unwanted ones), but not being a computer techician I always think it helps to get as many opinions as possible before trying to sort out problems after the event. Better to try and be safe rather than sorry.

Brian

It is always wise when installing new software or updates to software to use an Image Backup/Restore Software so that if you don't like what you get you can go back to where yo were in (usually) under an hour.

Macrium Restore and Acronis etc are suitable products.

DG