WnSoft Forums

3001 - A SPACE TOUR

orizaba

08:47

1440x1080 (4:3)

57 MB

In 1968, Kubrick anticipated an extraordinary 2001 space odissey.

I saw it hundred times but… a 33 years anticipation is peanuts!

I am now anticipating 992 years, no more no less, in this 8 minutes PTE production of mine, made 2 years ago and now translated into English and uploaded.

3001 – A SPACE TOUR, I must say, is not an odissey but a low-cost 1 day space tour, including a visit to a small village in planet Earth, before next stops in Mars and Jupiter, and back to… who knows?

Yes, this is called anticipation!

What’s the point?

Well, I needed to transmit something about that village and mainly what it means to me, not only to show a pack of photos, out of any personal and time context.

Space introduction was used for that.

Space occured to me because, in fact, when I revisited that village 2 years ago, I was really shocked, and I felt as I had just landed from another planet some thousand years latter…

One more detail: music.

It was not easy to choose, as I needed a kind of dramatic tone to express my actual reaction in front of what I was looking at, but at the same time I needed some kind of light tone which would follow my childhood memories of that place.

Besides, the music for the space introduction should be adequated, but needed to be coherent with the main one.

As usual, comments, opinions, rolleyes, everything is welcome!

Jose

Windows http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1w83edp3edndbp4

Mac http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3byoexj4th18pg5

post-6554-0-41767600-1301698767_thumb.jp

JOSE

TOO LONG -- the opening was neat but the archtecture did not enthuse me

and

i dont know how you embedded the link to mediafire but i prefer to see where and what i am getting -- your link started a direct download with no info - using google chrome and ie 8

i posted a link the other day and goes to the mediafire page as normal

ken

Ken,

TOO LONG - I understand quite well.

MEDIAFIRE - I uploaded as usual. My MediaFire PRO account enables such direct downloads, no infos, no pages.

Jose -

I liked it, the animation was smooth. Yes, as Ken said, it was a bit long however, the music kept my interest and suited the sequence perfectly. I also found the premise interesting.

Greg

Greg,

As I said, I understand. I didn't succeed to transmit what those houses/stones/place mean to me.

Made 2 years ago, it has been a big mistake to upload it! One more, in this Forum topic...

Now, after watching all Charlie's work (Jazz & other 19), I will be more carefull before uploading something!

Thanks,

Jose

Jose -

You got the gist of my message all wrong. I wasn't complaining about the length, just acknowledging Ken's comment. If it wasn't for the perfect music selection, I may have been concerned about the length but, as I said, the Vangelis piece carried the show well. Please, don't regret uploading the show, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Greg