WnSoft Forums

PTE Video

knightlines

I have produced a slideshow which includes a video clip. The clip is in mpeg2 format.

The whole slideshow including video and sound will play on two og my machines including a laptop but on others will only play sound and no video.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what may be missing. PC running Window xp pro with service pack 3.

the video file will play fine as a standalone outside of the slideshow. mpeg decoder installed.

Any ideas?

Since PTE with video is still in beta testing ... you should be posting your issues in the Bug-reports for PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta topic to keep it combined with other related bug issues and receive proper attention.

You might begin by reading this topic ... noting post #50.

You may need to post your video card specs to see if its the culprit of limiting the proper playback ... your comment "will play on two og my machines including a laptop but on others" indicates such possibility.

*Again your issue will be better addressed when posted along with the other beta bug reports.

I have produced a slideshow which includes a video clip. The clip is in mpeg2 format.

The whole slideshow including video and sound will play on two og my machines including a laptop but on others will only play sound and no video.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what may be missing. PC running Window xp pro with service pack 3.

the video file will play fine as a standalone outside of the slideshow. mpeg decoder installed.

Any ideas?

What configuration of these two PCs where slideshow with video don't play correctly? Video card and CPU.

John,

PicturesToExe uses built-in video codecs in slideshow engine. So if PicturesToExe plays correctly particular video clips on one PC, it should do on any others. The only possible problem - old video card which can't handle video playback.

If this video card has only 64 MB of memory it means that it's old one and doesn't support fully DirectX 9.0. We use partial hardware acceleration to play video.

I know that even very old video card can play video clips, but they simple show video clips as is. In PicturesToExe we use complex processing to apply all effects including Pan/Zoom/Rotate/3D transform and mix video with pictures. This requires at least 128 MB video memory and video card released since 2003.