WnSoft Forums

Resolution size for new avi option

Ronniebootwest

Already there have been many discussion threads on the new AVI option in the new Bets version of PTE. Clearly this new avi option is a tremendous strp forward and we must be grateful to the programer. However, there are still many mountains to climb before we can expect the same excellent resolution on the TV screen as what we get from the .exe file on a computer monitor.

I have been experimenting with this new toy and would like to offer these comments to those wanting to show their slides on a DVD player.

The quality will be good (vis Ulead Movie) but not as good as the exe file. It is better to display each slide without and fancy borders, i.e. fill the TV screen, otherwise you will probably get a load of flickering around the border edges. I have found the following sizes and resolution to be the best.

In your photo editor (photoshop or similar) save the picture as size in pixels 1024 X 768

Save the image as a jpeg with compression set at 7.

When these slides are made into a PTE slide show and a DVD created via the new AVI option. You will get very good quality. Remember also, that the television will make each slide brighter so decrease the brightness before saving an image in you photo editor

Ron West

Ron writes --

>>>However, there are still many mountains to climb before we can expect the same excellent resolution on the TV screen as what we get from the .exe file on a computer monitor.<<

No...No.No... You will NEVER experience the "same excellent resolution" on a TV screen as you do on a computer monitor. The fault is not in the software, it's in the output device itself. Television displays are incapable of achieving the same visual quality as computer monitors due to their technical limitations. (lower resolution, interlaced display, the ancient NTSC/PAL standards, etc. etc.). I keep reading threads from people who think that if we just "tweak" the software, we'll get computer like quality from a TV set. It's not gonna happen. It's like asking for concert-hall sound from a cheap transistor radio.

...Someday it and a pc monitor will be one in the same

"Someday", Al... but we don't know when.

For the moment, we must agree with Rick. The difference between a TV screen and a computer monitor is now very noticeable.

"Someday", Al... but we don't know when.

Guido,

Given the exponential rate of change for new technology, it won't be long! B)

One of the hot high-ticket items in N. America this Christmas is the digital projector by means of which one can watch large-screen DVD productions (and also PTE shows).

I've been watching TV on my pc for some time now.

And, one of the greatest fears of present TV distributors is that TV channels will soon be delivered via a high-speed internet connection. No, it won't be long!

@Bubba

I´ve bought the new pioneer plasma-tv hde 434 2 weeks ago. I didn´t have any time to test it with pte-shows, but I have look an one year old photo-album-cd, created with WinOnCD 5.2. It looks great, especially the photos of my digital camera Olympus E 20. The plasma is a hdtv-panel and shows all images with full brightness and contrast. The resolution of the images is 1024 x 768 like the resolution of the panel. But if I have more time, I will test it with PTE-shows for the best results.

Greetings to all, T. :D

I wonder what the shows look like on the new flat screen high definition TVs? The prices are slowly going down. Anyone who has one please let us know.

I wonder what the shows look like on the new flat screen high definition TVs? The prices are slowly going down. Anyone who has one please let us know.

I went to a dealer quite a while back to view a vcd wide screen presentation using Xat and it was quite impressive.

Harry

Guido, Rick, & Rainer, I don't want to carry this discussion on forever, but HERE is a news item I came across today as further proof that there is continuing convergence already between TV and computers. B)

I regularily take my work to my favourite audio video retail outlet to test my shows -- was there again to test my latest vcd show on the 56" rear projection floor model -- they were impressed or were they just humouring the old fart - dont think so

it's run time is 28+ mins. -- granted it is not Finding Nemo quality but is impressive non the less

ken