WnSoft Forums

The Island of the Phaeacians

In the Ionian Sea. Famed for its lush vegitation and friendly inhabitants. In close proximity to the mainland of Greece and Albania.

We hired a car for our stay and this proved invaluable in getting to some of the more remote viewpoints. We drove to the Monastery of Ipsilos [ all the way to the top at 2959ft ] the most hairaising drive I have ever done, then we had to get down again!!! I cant speak highly enough of the people. So friendly, they'd do anything to help. It was hot!!! Average temp of 26 celsius. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Details:

7:20 secs

67 slides

2 audio tracks

41.5 meg

Slides cropped to 1920 x 1080

Keyboard control enabled.

Intended audience: Family and friends.

download here: http://www.trailertrashaudiovisual.com/corfu.exe

Beautiful photos and very informative and educational - well presented with text and background music to complement perfectly! That must have been a wonderful experience - I would love to see it some day!!

Best regards,

Lin

A very good presentation. All your pictures were crystal clear and filled my whole screen. I also loved the music and telling us where they were

taken was very good.

All in all, an excellent "travel" audio visual

Thanks for sharing wih us which must have been an excellent holiday,

Colin

Hi Andrew,

A very nice show with some excellent photography. I particularly liked some of the detail shots and especially the long pan of the town finishing with the yellow flowers in the foreground. The captions were also a very good idea, one which I shall copy on a future show. You certainly got around whilst you were there and gave a very good insight into the island. I probably would not have used the Zorba's Dance theme as I do not like using music which is very well known as it may overwhelm the visual aspect sometimes and the increasing tempo of the music jarrs a little with the pace of the slides but all in all it was very enjoyable.

I note you have it on the TDS Facebook site - I hope you will post it on the main site as I seem to be the only one posting the the A/V section.

Beautiful photos and very informative and educational - well presented with text and background music to complement perfectly! That must have been a wonderful experience - I would love to see it some day!!

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin, It was a most enjoyable visit. Well worth the effort.

Andrew

A very good presentation. All your pictures were crystal clear and filled my whole screen. I also loved the music and telling us where they were

taken was very good.

All in all, an excellent "travel" audio visual

Thanks for sharing wih us which must have been an excellent holiday,

Colin

Hi Colin, What struck me about Corfu, was the brightness. Even in bright light in the UK its about half the intensity of Corfu.

Photographers nightmare, travelers heaven.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

A very nice show with some excellent photography. I particularly liked some of the detail shots and especially the long pan of the town finishing with the yellow flowers in the foreground. The captions were also a very good idea, one which I shall copy on a future show. You certainly got around whilst you were there and gave a very good insight into the island. I probably would not have used the Zorba's Dance theme as I do not like using music which is very well known as it may overwhelm the visual aspect sometimes and the increasing tempo of the music jarrs a little with the pace of the slides but all in all it was very enjoyable.

I note you have it on the TDS Facebook site - I hope you will post it on the main site as I seem to be the only one posting the the A/V section.

Hi Mick. We had a rental car and also the rental company arranged for a ' minder ' for us, which cost us a daily rate. He was built like a frikin' silverback and thought the best way to get me out of my wheelchair was to grab hold and pull, which resulted in me leaving the chair at close to terminal velocity, stick me under his arm and set forth at the gallop!!! It took us day one to get him trained, but after that he proved invaluable with local knowledge.

The attachment shows the ' tourist route ' to the citadel at Kassiopi. That would have been impossible without help.

The music I chose intentionally since the intended audience would recognise it immediately. Your quite right tho, if it had been another audience I would not have used that piece. I bought a CD over there and was spoiled for choice with it.

Your comments are always very welcome Mick and I do thank you for the encouragement. I'll give TDS a thought but I seem to have grown away from photography forums for the time being.

Andrew

post-6715-0-79209700-1305964733_thumb.jp

ANDREW

full ws - edge to edge

just the right speed -- but thanks for the manual control --- i used it a few times :)

where next ?

great shows are hard to beat

ken

Hi Ken, Glad you enjoyed the show. I admit it was only a holiday record for family and friends and the comments received from them thus far have been positive, but they aint P2E users are they !

Where next? Well I'm looking at Barcelona in September or maybe Vienna, I do love the great capitals of Europe.

Andrew