WnSoft Forums

Memories of the 1950s

coecolin

Hi Colin,

Great stroll down memory lane indeed!

When I saw the picture of Jayne Mansfield it brought back a flood of memories. Jayne was one of my customers when I was a technician for Nielsen & Neilson in Silverlake, California in the early 60's. I was at Jayne's home in January of 64 when she brought her last baby home (Mariska Hargitay) - I held diaper pins for her while she changed diapers - LOL. Jayne and Mickey Hargitay had recently divorced and she was living with her two boys and thirteen year old daughter in the big pink house on Sunset Blvd.

You have some incredible pictures from the 50's in that collection for sure. Those were great times - thanks for the memories!

Best regards,

Lin

This takes me back to when I had black hair. Maybe it will take some of you back to those days. Its on Mediafire

http://www.mediafire...25jgctduona1z8p

Running time 10 mins

26.19 MBs

Sheila,

I am pleased you enjoyed the sequence, if you can remember the words to the songs that makes it even worse.

Andrew,

If you remember those products and posters then like me you must be getting on in years. Glad you enjoyed it.

Lin,

Lucky you having been in contact with Jane Mansfield, the nearest I got to her was watching the films she was in. Glad it brought back memories to you.

Colin

Hi Colin,

I was fortunate to have a number of celebrities for clients in those days. The company I worked for had exclusive service contracts with businesses which supplied electronics and associated services to many of the Hollywood crowd. Some of my personal clients included Jack Benny, Bob Hope, Shirley MacLaine, Lorne Greene, Jayne Mansfield, Hans Conried, Red Skelton, Roy Rogers, and Suzanne Pleshette to name a few. All were really nice people to me and very down to earth. Jayne was one of the most intelligent girls I've had the pleasure of meeting. In person, she was totally different than her public persona, a real sweetheart.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Lucky you having been in contact with Jane Mansfield, the nearest I got to her was watching the films she was in. Glad it brought back memories to you.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. Some great reminders of the past and yes, I do remeber the words!

Would love to know where you took all the images. Was it a museum of some description, if so it is obviously worth a visit.

Many thanks

TC

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. Some great reminders of the past and yes, I do remeber the words!

Would love to know where you took all the images. Was it a museum of some description, if so it is obviously worth a visit.

Many thanks

TC

See my next post for my questions.

I would also like to know where you obtained all of those images, surely you didnn't take them all yourself? My guess is that you downloaded them from the internet, if so, can you provide the links please?

The slide show was great and an excellent reminder of 'The good old days' Very well done!

Ron

• 3 months later...

Finally managed to get my Norton Anti Virus system to allow me to watch these 1950 Memories. I'm really glad that I persevered as it has given me the momentum to get round to do something similar with the theme, together with a few family photographs, that will be a keepsake for the grandchildren.

Well done!