WnSoft Forums

button - go to slide

luno

I am using PTE 7 Beta 10 and noticed that the 'go to slide with name' function under a programmed button does not work!? Slideshow is always jumping back to the first slide when I click the button. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

yes i did tom! maybe i should also mention that i exported the slideshow as a mac executable. i'll try the windows version now.

Hi,

It works for me in PTE 7 beta 10. Did you select the name of the slide you want to jump to from the dropdown list?

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have posted a message in the PTE 7 bugs subforum to your mac button problem.

Tom

Thanks for that Tom! Unfortunately, I did not see any reaction to it. Anyway, I figured it out myself. I have changed the filenames in the customize slide > main > slide name to a shorter name and now it works. I changed from foto308-dag3 to dag3. Maybe PTE doesn't like the dashes??

luno

Thanks for that Tom! Unfortunately, I did not see any reaction to it. Anyway, I figured it out myself. I have changed the filenames in the customize slide > main > slide name to a shorter name and now it works. I changed from foto308-dag3 to dag3. Maybe PTE doesn't like the dashes??

Actually its sometimes the OS that are picky about the - dashes when its used in executing filestrings and names. The OS ignores the dash and any characters after it.

Try using _ underscores instead of dashes in your filestrings and names.

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

I am on 7.5.2 and have read all the threads on the topic of "go to slide with name".

In my show, go to and choosing a slide name from the drop-down list takes me to the slide before the one I want and then fades into the one selected which is not the action I want. I set small durations (2sec) because I am using manual Nest slide.

The name of the target slide is mainmenu so I don't think the OS is messing up.

One respondent suggested putting blank slides before the one I want to go to but this is not an elegant solution.

Any ideas please?

Jeff

Jeff,

That was my suggestion.

What is inelegant about it?

If the blank slide that you link to is something like 1-2 seconds and you have a 1-2 second transition on your Master Menu then it will slide in quite elegantly.

Another option - no transition - and fade the opacity of your MainMenu Objects - that way you don't see the previous slide.

Another Option - no transition - put a black rectangle above the Menu and fade Opacity to zero in about 2 seconds.

Lots of Options?

DG