WnSoft Forums

Friendship or Love....

Lin Evans

Ken sent me a link to what I believe is a fantastic video. I was amazed at how this was ever accomplished and after watching it several times, I decided to wrap it in an executable and try to translate the Croatian test to English to better understand the story line. I thought perhaps also that a bit of background about the music might be helpful.

The background music is by Demis Roussos, a Greek vocalist from the 60's and 70's with a beautiful voice and delivery...

http://en.wikipedia....i/Demis_Roussos

In the first song there are some Greek terms, for those who don't speak Greek I've provided a translation:

The words are - Heleni mou, Aghapi mou, and Manoula mou. Heleni is a female name and Heleni mou means "my Heleni." Agapi mou means "my love" and Manoula mou is an affectionate way to call one's loving female. Literally, it means "little mama," but it's used in a romatic context as well.

For anyone interested, it's a beautiful little video - warning: might bring tears of joy....

http://www.learntoma.../friendship.zip (about 75 meg download - zipped exe video)

Lin

Hi Lin,

Don't know what to say! I watched this a little reluctantly as I don't usually watch anything that makes me want to cry! My heart was in my mouth all the way through in case the dog was hurt or lost but I couldn't stop watching.

Dogs and dolphins! My two favourite creatures! Thanks for the video.

Sheila

ps ........... the tears did run!!

Ken sent me a link to what I believe is a fantastic video. I was amazed at how this was ever accomplished and after watching it several times, I decided to wrap it in an executable and try to translate the Croatian test to English to better understand the story line. I thought perhaps also that a bit of background about the music might be helpful.

The background music is by Demis Roussos, a Greek vocalist from the 60's and 70's with a beautiful voice and delivery...

http://en.wikipedia....i/Demis_Roussos

In the first song there are some Greek terms, for those who don't speak Greek I've provided a translation:

The words are - Heleni mou, Aghapi mou, and Manoula mou. Heleni is a female name and Heleni mou means "my Heleni." Agapi mou means "my love" and Manoula mou is an affectionate way to call one's loving female. Literally, it means "little mama," but it's used in a romatic context as well.

For anyone interested, it's a beautiful little video - warning: might bring tears of joy....

http://www.learntoma.../friendship.zip (about 75 meg download - zipped exe video)

Lin

TOO BAD YOU MENTIONED ME - i will be losing my hard a__ reputation :)

ken

LOL - after all those years of hard work making that reputation, it's discovered that Ken's just a big "softie" Ooops.... HA!

Got to thank you again for the link to this incredible little video. I would love to know the details of how it was made. I don't know if was done by Croatian videographer or whether the Croatian text was just added. Since the music chosen was in English from a Greek vocalist and the text on the dolphin study "building" went by too quickly to translate. There were also "flashes" of text which were not visible in frames long enough for me to translate and that could mean that the original was edited and some text was omitted. Also, a few of the words I couldn't translate. Perhaps if one of our members speaks Croatian we could get some more information.

Best regards,

Lin

TOO BAD YOU MENTIONED ME - i will be losing my hard a__ reputation :)

ken

Hi Phil,

Thanks!! It's amazing how, over time, pieces from a motion picture can be taken and made into something entirely different. It's good to know the source - something I'll probably purchase myself...

Best regards,

Lin

This is the original film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120550/

Hi Lin,

Have watched this a few times and it is absolutely brilliant.

Thanks to Ken for making it available. It makes me think how wonderful God's creatures on this Earth are and how lucky we are to share it with them.

Thank you for putting it into an exe file and for the translation.

Colin

Hi Lin and Ken,

Thanks for this brilliant bit of film, the singer was very popular in England in the 60's/70's. His family had a guest house in Kampala Uganda and during the war between Tanzania and Uganda (to oust Amin) it was the only place to stay as all the hotel had been looted. My memories of this music was lying in bed at night and listening to the shells and bullets passing overhead.

Thanks to both of you for bring back memories.

Rick