WnSoft Forums

My revamped show

DustyDesert

I think (hope) I got it right this time. After making about every mistake in the book, I've paid close attention and took notes and totally re-did my show. Thanks for the advice, patience, tutorials, and inspirational shows you've all done!

The final exe file was saved using the new beta version. I can't wait to use the rest of the features.

I love PTE!

Oh, it's called "Dancing Dreams" and is on Beechbrook as of right now. My computer did mess up the first time after all.

~Cindy

Hmm. The cleverest (or craziest) thing I think I did was sit out in the howling cold wind to take a hundred pictures of clouds and clicking the shutter every 8 seconds! I don't like the wind.

I use Photoshop 7.0.1. The extraction method I use is probably the most difficult and time consuming way it can be done. I use the eraser and get in real close. If it's bold and contrasts well with the background then the extract command will work, but it usually does more than I want. Maybe other's are better with this command than I and have better luck with it. I think the most important aspect to adding a new background is the shadows and lighting, and the new object needs the edges slightly feathered, which I do with the brushes. To make the images blend in with the clouds, I desaturated those a bit to match the gray of the background. That's real noticeable in the transition of the two girls walking on the clouds then the entrance to heaven opens up, and also of the girl standing in the wind, then standing in the clouds. The simplest blending trick was to use the "overlay" blending option, and maybe reduce the opacity. That really made them blend into the clouds and made it believable.

~Cindy

Cindy

Rather than using the eraser method of cutting things out try using a layer mask, which does the same as the eraser when black is applied to the mask, but can be undone even days later. Use a soft brush and Bobs your uncle.

Alss, use the shift key to mask (or erase) in short straight lines. Using this method you can cut out the most delicate of subjects

bbdigital