WnSoft Forums

DVD Slideshow

MervynWigg

I have just converted a 35mm slideshow with sync audio to a DVD and at request of author used Brush Script font for the title, selected from list on offer as being most suited to the show. When viewing trial run on projector the title appears in capitals, not script, and different colour to that created in PTE and burnt to the DVD. My first reaction was that with my advancing years I had taken the wrong DVD but not so as it still shows correctly as Brush on my PC. I find it strange that the same DVD can show such different images on my PC and a laptop/projector. I would like to meet the authors request for this font to be used and wonder how this can be achieved bearing in mind the DVD will be shown in several locations each using their own kit.

I look forward to comments and advice.

Freddy.

Hi Freddy,

From your description, it sounds as if you "may" be using a different computer (laptop) and that the font you chose for the show was not "resident" on the laptop. You didn't say which version of PTE you were using, but on some of the older versions, PTE used the fonts resident on the PC and in the case where the executable show was later shown using a computer where these fonts were not resident, Windows would choose a replacement font.

With newer versions of PTE, the program doesn't require the font to be resident on the system being used. Once you burn a DVD, fonts are not being read from the system but instead whatever font was there when the DVD was burned will always be displayed because the images are not being created on the fly but instead stored as video frames.

The question then becomes whether you are actually playing the burned DVD using the projector or playing the executable code from the hard disk? As long as the Brush Script appears when the actual DVD is played, it will "always" appear correctly no matter what equipment it is played on. The executable, however, if created with an older version of PTE, may not work correctly on a system not having the Brush Script font available.

The solution, would be to take the original PTE file and open it on a system which has Brush Script and which also has the latest version of PTE resident. Create the exe file again and save the latest file which should then work on "any" PC whether or not the Brush Script font is resident.

Best regards,

Lin

I have just converted a 35mm slideshow with sync audio to a DVD and at request of author used Brush Script font for the title, selected from list on offer as being most suited to the show. When viewing trial run on projector the title appears in capitals, not script, and different colour to that created in PTE and burnt to the DVD. My first reaction was that with my advancing years I had taken the wrong DVD but not so as it still shows correctly as Brush on my PC. I find it strange that the same DVD can show such different images on my PC and a laptop/projector. I would like to meet the authors request for this font to be used and wonder how this can be achieved bearing in mind the DVD will be shown in several locations each using their own kit.

I look forward to comments and advice.

Freddy.

What Lin said - (I think).

Playing an EXE made on one PC will not play the same font on a different PC if the font is missing.

Playing a DVD Video on a different PC however should play the font which was "Burnt In " on the original PC??

Did you burn a "DVD Video" or did you burn the EXE to a DVD?

DG

What Lin said - (I think).

Playing an EXE made on one PC will not play the same font on a different PC if the font is missing.

Playing a DVD Video on a different PC however should play the font which was "Burnt In " on the original PC??

Did you burn a "DVD Video" or did you burn the EXE to a DVD?

DG

Thank you for quick replies.

I am using Windows 7 and PTE v. 5.6 and burnt the EXE file to DVD. I think the laptop/projector used XP. If I use latest version of PTE and burn EXE file to DVD then the font I use will always show? Not sure if my version VideoBuilder will will work in this version.

PTE began using vectorize text objects with version 6 builds. This resolved the font issue display for the EXE used on other PCs.

Improved Text

A better visual quality of text objects. You can use any unique fonts for executable files of your slideshow now. PicturesToExe will automatically vectorize text objects and text comments and show text with the highest quality at any display resolution.