WnSoft Forums

Slide Shows

Ed04

I am considering purchasing PICtoEXE but first would like someone to confirm that it is possible to add videos of short duration, averaging 3 minutes, between single frames. I produce the videos on a Nikon Coolpix S8000; my single frame shots are produced on a Nikon D80.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Edward

The facility you enquire about is still in a Beta stage, still being developed. However buying PTE will allow you to install free up=grades as the facility develops.

Yachtsman1.

Hi Edward

The facility you enquire about is still in a Beta stage, still being developed. However buying PTE will allow you to install free up=grades as the facility develops.

Yachtsman1.

Do you know approximately when the facility will be available?

Guest Yachtsman1

It is available now, but is still a trial version so there still bugs being ironed out. But you won't lose anything buying now as all upgrades are free.

Yachtsman1

Hi Edward,

Let me qualify what Eric said a bit; perhaps the wrong choice of word. The beta versions are not "trial versions," they are full featured versions still under development. The beta versions are available to all owners of PTE and since beta 12 (now on beta 14) they are very stable. Most of us make our regular shows using the latest PTE beta which is completely usable.

Yes, you can add videos, use videos as backgrounds while still slides are being displayed sequentially, use still slides as backgrounds while videos are being run, etc. PTE has the most versatile video capability of anything out there right now in the way of presentation slideshow software. You can treat videos just like any other object. You have full 3D transform ability, can have multiple videos running simultaneously, you can even run your video on the faces of rotating geometric objects such as cubes, pyramids, etc.

Remember, when you add a high resolution video that file sizes will be quite large. Three minutes of HD video is the equivalent of 5,400 still images (30 frames per second times 180 seconds) so it's wise to use HD video sparingly especially if you want to send your shows to friends, etc. You won't be disappointed with PTE's handling of videos. They load virtually instantly and you can preview your work as you proceed.

Best regards,

Lin

I am considering purchasing PICtoEXE but first would like someone to confirm that it is possible to add videos of short duration, averaging 3 minutes, between single frames. I produce the videos on a Nikon Coolpix S8000; my single frame shots are produced on a Nikon D80.

You will have to buy and install the latest solid PTE program which is version 6.5 (which does not have the video facility you want)and then go on the forum and download version 7 beta 14 which does have the video facility you want (PTE is pinned at the top as PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta ). PTE v7 beta 14 will be installed separately on your computer, so you can use either.

PTE is a brilliant program, the facility you want is very easy to create, so have fun!!

Boogie

You will have to buy and install the latest solid PTE program which is version 6.5 (which does not have the video facility you want)and then go on the forum and download version 7 beta 14 which does have the video facility you want (PTE is pinned at the top as PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta ). PTE v7 beta 14 will be installed separately on your computer, so you can use either.

PTE is a brilliant program, the facility you want is very easy to create, so have fun!!

Boogie

yachtsman1, Lin and Boogie

Thanks very much. I will go ahead and purchase PTE.