WnSoft Forums

Pan Problem When Unsharp=0 Specified

HaroldB

I am running PTE on a Lenovo Ideapad with an ATI Radeon HD 6750M chip and a 1366x768 display. I am using a current (8/2011) Windows 7.

I find that in some slideshows, if I specify the global Unsharp value to be zero, some pans in that show become very jerky.

To confuse matters more, this happens only when I am running plugged into an AC outlet. My PC's power profile specifies "performance" when I am plugged in. When I run from the battery (the power profile specifies "optimize battery use" for that), it runs fine.

This seems extremely weird to me, since intuitively it seems one would expect that specifying zero for Unsharp should result in IMPROVED performance, and particularly so when the hardware is instructed to optimize performance.

Fortunately, specifying a value of "1" for Unsharp in PTE eliminates this problem, and seems like a very effective workaround.

Harold

I've disussed with Harold this interesting issue. Regrettably I have no idea how to cure this problem.

Indeed all previous versions since 5.0 to 6.5 work as in version 7.0 Beta you set "0" for the unsharp mask. Because previous versions don't have the unsharp mask feature.

Harold, probably you could publish a short demo for other users to compare results?

• 5 weeks later...