WnSoft Forums

The Crop Tool In Phptoshop

Ronniebootwest

In Photoshop CS2, When using the crop tool to reduce the size of an image, the crop process has become very slow indeed.

It has always been fast in the past and I can find no apparent reason for this sudden slowdown. Even when cropping an image size of 1024 x 768 pixels down to 800 x 600 pixels, is a very slow process.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a simple solution please?

Regards,

Ron West.

Is this specific to the crop tool or are other processes slower?

What is the status of your C drive - how much free space do you have?

The usual answer under these circumstances is to use your System Tools / Disc Clean Up utility to get rid of any Temp Files.

Then use a Registry Cleaner such as ASHAMPOO (other software exists).

Then using a proper Defragging programme such as Perfect Disc (other software exists) with Smart Placement.

It goes without saying that your C drive should contain ONLY programme files - no data whatsoever, but I'll say it anyway.

This might not be the answer to your problem but it will not do any harm and some users (myself included) would recommend doing this once a month - minimum.

DG

Hi Dave,

Thanks for those suggestions. I will save them in my special folder for use later.

I solved the problem now by re-setting the crop tool and it all seems to be back to normal now.

Ron

• 5 weeks later...