WnSoft Forums

Inserting a movie file at the beginning of an existing slideshow

jdearman

I created a slide show with version 6.5 of a tour of our National Parks. The tour started and ended in Vegas. I have been waiting on V7.0's release( which I have now downloaded and I am using ) to be able to use several movie scenes taken on the tour. Specifically, I have a 4 minute 18 second clip of the fountain at the Bellagio which I would like to insert at the beginning of the existing show to start it off.

I have been able to insert the movie clip, place it in the first position and extend its run time for 4 minutes,18 seconds. I can get all the existing slides to start at the conclusion of the 4:18seconds, however, I have been unable to get the existing music selections to also delay for 4:18 seconds.

Basically, I just want to get the complete existing slide show to delay starting for 4:18 to allow time for the movie clip to play.

Can this be done.

I appreciate any and all advice and suggestions.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Yes, it's actually easy to do this.

It can be a little confusing but I'll explain. First, the "start time" for music is how far into the music "selection" you want your sound to begin. For example, if you wanted to start a three minute song at two minutes into the song, then the "start" time would be two minutes.

The "offset" is what you want to deal with. Go to "Project Options" - "Music" - "Customize" and place your 4 minutes 18 seconds into the "offset," leave the start time alone and you will have what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Jim,

Yes, it's actually easy to do this.

It can be a little confusing but I'll explain. First, the "start time" for music is how far into the music "selection" you want your sound to begin. For example, if you wanted to start a three minute song at two minutes into the song, then the "start" time would be two minutes.

The "offset" is what you want to deal with. Go to "Project Options" - "Music" - "Customize" and place your 4 minutes 18 seconds into the "offset," leave the start time alone and you will have what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin,

Works great!!

Is this super software or what?

Jim