WnSoft Forums

Can I uninstall previous version

MaryFurness

Many people keep each of the MAJOR upgrades for opening older PTE projects and making changes. I have V4.49, V5.8, V6.5 and V7 available to me.

It is not essential, but projects opened and saved in later versions will not then re-open in the original version (correctly).

It is also advisable to keep the installer for the original versions together with your Key(s) somewhere safe (off computer) for installing on your next new computer.

If you decide to uninstall, Igor's advice is to use the PTE uninstaller found in the Programme folder.

DG

The installer (the application file) is what you downloaded.

(picturestoexe-setup.exe)

Copy the key (or the whole contents of e-mail) CAREFULLY to a Word or Notepad document and store on a CD with the relevent Inataller(s).

When I first bought PTE the current version was 4 and it used a different type of Key to the current one.

I recently tried a little experiment with W7.

I loaded v4.49 and installed my key - I was then able to load in turn, V5, V6 and V7 and each version recognised my original key which I keep safe in multiple locations.

Don't forget that if you want to uninstall you should use PTEs uninstaller.

DG