WnSoft Forums

Timeline and slide timings

fergy

Now strating to use V7, and don't quite understand what is being shown in the boxees beside the slide and its transition when looking at slide view.

I have a series of slides which all show 9 seconds with a 3 second transition

This is confirmed when I go into each slide via "Customise Slide" and any changes made here are reflected when I go back to the slide view

When I look at the timeline, however, each slide appears to only last 6 seconds including the 3 second transition - and this is in actual fact the correct timing.

Am I misinterpreting these new numbers which we can see when on slide view ?

Ian

Ian,

There has been a recent long discussion on this subject.

If you want the same timing "structure" as V6.5 go to VIEW>Advanced Options and UNTICK Show and Keep Full Slide Duration.

What you are seeing is correct but it includes both incoming and outgoing transition times in the Slide Panel Time.

DG

Thanks for the guidance

I have had a look at this new way of displaying slide durations and it does produce some oddities

eg I have my Project Options set at slide length 7 secs with 2 sec fade in.

If I import ONE slide the slide shows 7 secs and 2 secs and the timeline confirms this and the "show" lasts 7 seconds

If I import TWO slides they show the same 7 & 2 timings, but the timeline, in old terms, shows the first slide at 5&2 and the second at 7&2, and the total lenght of the show to be only 12secs. this reduction in the absolute length of the show continues as slides are added, ie the fade in to the next slide takes up some of the slides time allotment.

I find this very misleading, as one would have thought that setting a slide length on project options would be the basic start as to how long a show with a number of such slides would last.

Another oddity is when I import slides as noted above - if they come in originally at 7/2 the 2 slide show lasts 12 secs - if I then change the transition timing to 4secs I don't change the show length, so I now have 2 slides of 7 secs 4 secs transition. If however if I had brought the slides in initially with this setting sec ie 7/4 the show would only last 10 secs

As I say, very misleading

After all of that I'll re-read Igors notes, and be very wary of the numbers until I bcome more accustomed to this latest version

Thanks for your advice

Ian

Hi Ian,

Igor has indicated that there will soon be some changes made so that the timings will make more sense. There will be an iterative release of version 7 soon with improvements to the slide timings so that they will be much more predictable.

Best regards,

Lin