WnSoft Forums

Canada and Alaska 2011

Almark

Hi guys, this is my final version* of my Slideshow "Canada and Alaska 2011". As a result of most helpful feedback I have tweaked it:

1. Photos re organised for a better photo harmony flow.

2. New title slide

3. The music beats sync to the 3 sec fades, as best as I can manage ;-) There are two main beats to the music, a low 'dom' and a high 'pink'. Syncing the beats to the start of the slide did not work, because of the 3 second fade.

4. All photos were taken with a Nikon D300, 18-200VR lens, except for the last one, which was taken with a Sony NEX-5. I have re worked this last image and made it large enough in file size to handle the long pano scroll. (5230x1200)

5. Silence at the end. I wasn't sure about this approach, but the members of my camera club assure me that it works well and really captures attention. Please let me know what you think of this.

* As always, I welcome your feedback. I hope this is my final version, but 'Never say Never' and all that!

PC exe

Mac zip

Hi Mark,

Nice job! Beautiful scenics, excellent photography and very nice presentation. The only change I would make would be to use a "smooth" rather than linear pan at the end of the pano.

To do this without the "glitter or shimmer" which generally accompanies a slow, smooth start or end on a panorama, you could take a single frame which was used in the Pano for the last image on the right as the viewer watches, and just before the end of the pan do a fade which will cross fade a matched for size, etc., single frame to the last frame in the pano. The easiest way to get this is to take a copy of the original pano and "crop" a frame of the proper dimensions. Then everything will match perfectly as far as exposure, etc. Just use this with smooth and a "cross-fade" will hide the fact that there are two images. Other than the rather abrupt stop and change in direction, everything looks perfect to me. You make the duplicate image set to "soft" rather than "sharp" and it hides the shimmer on the slow start or end of a big pano zoom or pan.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Mark,

Excellent images as I said before and a much better presentation. Maybe the pan was a bit too extended but as this is a memory thing for you as well, then leave it as it is. Very envious of the bear photo.

If I do a slow pan in the future I will re-read Lin's mini tutorial. Thanks Lin.

Hi Mark

It has taken me a long while to get to view your show becaus AVE kept detecting a Trojan Horse and it has been doing this to me when I try to save a show to an exe. file It is since I upgraded to PTE7. that this started happening however AVG has now got it sorted out for me. All of the show was excelent but I was stunned by the ponorama and how you introduced the whole of the vista at the end.

Regards

Paul

• 4 weeks later...