WnSoft Forums

dvd success

richard tucker

I have now managed to create 3 DVD's of PTE presentations lasting 70 mins, 67 mins and 63 mins. They contain varying number of sequences 8, 5 and 5 for the last one. The version of PTE used for the first 2 was beta1 of 4.2 and for the last beta 2. The method used was as follows. The first PTE sequence was loaded and an AVI saved as PAL - interlaced using the DVD'Video disc option. I then ran the Ulead Movie Factory 2 trial and added the video just saved by PTE. I then closed Ulead and opened Sonic MyDVD which came with my Sony external DVD writer (DRU-500A) which does all formats. I then loaded the same PTE file into Sonic MyDVD. Now you may ask why!!!?? Well initially I tried to load all sequences into the Ulead prog which recognised the files Ok but then fell over when trying to recode. As for the Sonic sometimes it would load one OK but failed to recognise the next one so as the computer (a 2.6 Athlon running XP) might have been confused as I also have an internal CD burner I experimented with combining both Ulead and Sonic progs and it works. I did try some of the other codecs but the quality was not good.

Having successfully added the first sequence onto Sonic MyDVD I then minimised the first PTE seq and restarted another version of PTE and loaded in the second sequence - saved the AVi - loaded into Ulead -closed Ulead- loaded the second sequence into Sonic MyDVD which was of course still running. I continued this technique until I had loaded all sequences. You end up with several versions of PTE running. The quality of the result is outstanding! On my 30" wide screen TV I can easily read small text on a map from 10 to 12 feet (a couple of meters) away. The dissolves are perfect and sound from the mp3 file amazingly good. If your sequence has been done in wide screen format (1024 x 576) then it will look great on a wide screen TV. I have yet to try the results on a video projector. Watch this space!

Well done to Igor and his merry band of helpers!

Hi Richard

Welcome to the Forum.

Hope to catch up with you at Urchfont one day and see these sequences. :rolleyes:

On my 30" wide screen TV I can easily read small text on a map from 10 to 12 feet (a couple of meters) away.

Wish my eyesight was that good!

Take care,

Love Maureen