WnSoft Forums

Problem With Foreign Language Fonts

HaroldB

Windows 7 supplies a number of fonts that contain foreign characters, which can occasionally be useful.

Recently, I tried to use one of these fonts in PTE, and found that PTE, in the Objects and Animations window, displayed "?" for the foreign characters.

Try it with the AngsanaNew font. Open the Windows Character Map application, select that font, scroll down in the font, highlight one of the Thai characters, and click on Select and then Copy. Switch to a PTE O&E window, create a text object, and hit Ctrl+V to paste the character. Note that PTE displays it correctly in the text entry area, but incorrectly displays a "?" on the slide.

Does anybody know any way around this, outside of creating the text as PNG files in Photoshop or something similar?

H

PicturesToExe accepts text on your native language and some foreign languages (in same language group). We plan improve language support in the next version.

Regarding executable slideshows. They can display any text not depending on language or country. If you create a slideshow with French text, a user from Brazil can see your text exactly as you designed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Igor!

Can you try the simple steps I described in my first post in this thread?

You'll notice that it displays correctly in the text entry field on the right side of the screen, but incorrectly on the slide.

H

Now that you're back, I'm bumping this up so that you can take a quick look at it.

H