WnSoft Forums

Clarification of Menu Items

goddi

Clarification of Menu Items:

I have been using PTE for a number of years. The View menu structure has always been a bit odd to me. I finally have figured out why it has been a bit of a struggle to understand it. I am suggesting some changes to make it more intuitive.

First, there are basically two menus: a File List and a Slide List. I suggest that these two menus should be titled in the main screen. See the attached Menu Screen-1.gif.

Secondly, revise the View menu to reflect this. This revised View menu consolidates all of the File List view choices and the Slide List view choices. See the attached View Menu.gif.

Thirdly, to reflect the four Slide List views (Filename, Thumbnails, Timeline and Fullscreen), I suggest that each choice be reflected in the main screen. See the attached Main Screen-2.gif.

I think these changes will remove some confusion and make the menus more intuitive.

Gary

post-1794-0-12150700-1318731319_thumb.gi

post-1794-0-22840600-1318731328_thumb.gi

post-1794-0-97974100-1318731342_thumb.gi

Guest Yachtsman1

Clarification of Menu Items:

I have been using PTE for a number of years. The View menu structure has always been a bit odd to me. I finally have figured out why it has been a bit of a struggle to understand it. I am suggesting some changes to make it more intuitive.

First, there are basically two menus: a File List and a Slide List. I suggest that these two menus should be titled in the main screen. See the attached Menu Screen-1.gif.

Secondly, revise the View menu to reflect this. This revised View menu consolidates all of the File List view choices and the Slide List view choices. See the attached View Menu.gif.

Thirdly, to reflect the four Slide List views (Filename, Thumbnails, Timeline and Fullscreen), I suggest that each choice be reflected in the main screen. See the attached Main Screen-2.gif.

I think these changes will remove some confusion and make the menus more intuitive.

Gary

If you have only just seen the light, isn't it a bit selfish to expect all the others who have seen it to change their bulbs.

Yachtsman1. :ph34r:

Greetings,

After about 135 views, I have only received one response. I was hoping we could get past personal attacks and get some constructive discussion on my suggestions. I really do feel the contents of the menus and their labeling can made more clear. Any feedback?

Gary