WnSoft Forums

Audio Mix When Adding Video Clip

From what I can see in the forum, I think there are plans to address this general problem, but I wanted to add my thoughts.

I think that the current all-or-nothing for the video clip's audio is a severe limitation when dealing with people's voices in video clips. While I can work around it by using an external sound editor, that would require re-working any time the video clip's location changed.

I think a good start (and hopefully easy to implement) would be to offer the following options in the O&A for a video clip:

- "percentage loudness" for the PTE audio track and the video's audio track. 100% would mean that they are each mixed at full volume and the PTE audio track volume is unchanged from the previous slide. Values more than 100% should be allowed, particularly for the video's audio track.

- "fade in time" for each of the PTE audio track and the video's audio track. If this is non-zero, it would be the time at the beginning of the object's presentation where the respective volume is changed from 100% to the number specified above.

- "fade out time" for each of the PTE audio track and video's audio track. If this is non-zero, it would be the time at the end of the object's presentation where the respective volume is changed from that specified above to 100%.

Obviously, this thread has been placed into the wrong section of this forum :angry: [it's OK now :) ]

In order to control the audio part of a video, I would recommend to extract the video's audio track (e.g.using some free tool like XMedia Recode) and insert it as a sound comment into PTE, while running the video itself with muted audio. The sound comment's loudness can be controlled using the envelope function.

Regards,

Xaver

Obviously, this thread has been placed into the wrong section of this forum :angry:

In order to control the audio part of a video, I would recommend to extract the video's audio track (e.g.using some free tool like XMedia Recode) and insert it as a sound comment into PTE, while running the video itself with muted audio. The sound comment's loudness can be controlled using the envelope function.

Regards,

Xaver

From your experience, do you think this would work well enough when the audio track is for people speaking, where the audio synch is important?

H

Hi Harold,

Not to answer for Xaver, but it is a bit tricky to get perfect sync when muting the video and copying the audio track. It can be done, but it's not the easiest thing to fine tune. In a future version, Igor has said that he will have audio controls for the video much like the present audio controls for audio which are very good short of audio editing.

I don't believe that there are plans to have a full audio editor or video editor - those things are best left to software which is designed specifically for that purpose, but having the same degree of control over audio in a video clip as we now have with the audio track would be a welcome addition in my opinion.

Best regards,

Lin

From your experience, do you think this would work well enough when the audio track is for people speaking, where the audio synch is important ...

I don't have much experience in this subject. I've made a few simple experiments, and they worked well. What about making your own tests?

Regards,

Xaver