WnSoft Forums

Sample Letter....

Lin Evans

We've had twenty inches of snow in two days so I've been playing..... I thought about how several tools might be used together with PTE and came up with a letter to a couple friends - Ken will appreciate this - LOL... If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll provide all details......

http://www.lin-evans.org/lettersample./letter.zip (about 19 meg zipped exe)

And for those who prefer video....

http://www.lin-evans.org/bf/bf.htm

Lin

Hey Tom,

I sent you a PM....

I still have a couple old "typewriters." They work really well. Actually, one of them is also used as a "keyboard" for my old CPM Systel word processor. It's a dandy Olympia made in Germany. I think I paid over $5000 for the Systel back in the early 80's. I realized after playing with it that I could format a Systel disc and download software from my Kaypro II such as dBase II, etc., and it worked perfectly on the Systel. I actually made lots of money in those days doing that for people who purchased this word processor. They just bought the software for Kaypro CPM systems and I used a 150 baud "modem" to copy the software to the Systel format for them. I ported over dBase II, VisiCalc, WordStar and a number of other programs so people who had paid $5000 for a dedicated word processor now had dandy CMP "computers" as well - LOL.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,great demo, I just want to say, I mowed my lawn yesterday,in my shorts, in 81 degree F weather.

We nearly have to mow the year round here in central Texas.

Best regards, Gayland

We've had twenty inches of snow in two days so I've been playing..... I thought about how several tools might be used together with PTE and came up with a letter to a couple friends - Ken will appreciate this - LOL... If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll provide all details......

http://www.lin-evans.org/lettersample./letter.zip (about 19 meg zipped exe)

And for those who prefer video....

http://www.lin-evans.org/bf/bf.htm

Lin

Hi Gayland,

LOL - You're hurting me!! Of course in the summer when it gets to 105 there, we can head up to the mountains here (about 15 minutes away) and enjoy 70 degree comfort - HA! I just wish that parts of Texas had some relief from the drought. At one point it looked like Lake Travis was about 50 feet low - lots of boats hanging by their moorings....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,great demo, I just want to say, I mowed my lawn yesterday,in my shorts, in 81 degree F weather.

We nearly have to mow the year round here in central Texas.

Best regards, Gayland

Hi Lin, you are absolutely right, we had 68 days of 100 degree F and over of stifling heat. There is no way to escape it, except to stay inside. (Or go to the Davis mountains, many miles away.)

We are 20 inches below average on rainfall, and lakes and livestock ponds are going dry. Farmers and ranchers, are really hurting, having to sell off their herds, and turn their livestock on their substandard crops.

Hopefully, the fall and winter will bring rain, but it's not looking too promising.

Best regards, and stay warm, Gayland.

Hi Gayland,

LOL - You're hurting me!! Of course in the summer when it gets to 105 there, we can head up to the mountains here (about 15 minutes away) and enjoy 70 degree comfort - HA! I just wish that parts of Texas had some relief from the drought. At one point it looked like Lake Travis was about 50 feet low - lots of boats hanging by their moorings....

Best regards,

Lin