WnSoft Forums

Layer music ?

PestMaster

Hello,

I've only recently started to use P2E V7 Deluxe so please forgive me if I can't find the answer that I'm looking for.

I would like to add 2 tracks of music over one another, with one lower volume than the other.

When I add 2 tracks now they run one after the other, I'd like them to run at the same time.

Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Add your first music selection via the Project Options "Music Tab". Next click on "Add a Track" and add your second music to the second track. Adjust the volume for each via the Customize Tab.

Best regards,

Lin

Ahh, so simple when it's explained so well.

I've just tried it - works exactly as I wanted.

So I'm guessing that any number of tracks can be added - say for sound effects etc

Thank you very much

Lin and Yachtsman1 Thanks for both of your replies.

My idea was just originally to have a background track then to add incidental sound effects or small music grabs throughout the slideshow. So I'm sure that I'll not need to exceed any limit that there may be.

Yachtsman1 - I have had Audacity for a long while now and only dabbled with it. 64 music and sound effect tracks ??? - I'd certainly be lost !

Now I have discovered how effective a good Audio Visual presentation can be and in particular Picture to Exe I can see that I will be using Audacity much more.

By the way Yachtsman1 I am from your part of the world originally (last trip about 2.5 years ago) and am planning a trip there late next year.

Cheers

PestMaster

Let me know when, maybe we can meet & exchange ideas?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Sounds good Eric, we'll do that !

I've just checked out your "Another Place" slideshow.

When we were there last it was like being in a sandstorm the wind was blowing so hard. Took some pics but nothing to write home about.

Yours are great !

Cheers

Just picking up on what Lin mentioned.

I have added (as a trial) in excess of 100 tracks in the Project Options>Music section and could have added more.

When you consider that you can go to Project Options, make or tweak an adjustment in any one of those 100 plus tracks, record a spoken commentary and/or comment, play it to check what you have done and have it update in your project immediately without leaving PTE you have a pretty powerfull tool with which to work.

Renaming each of the tracks is possible to make each one easily identifiable.

DG

Just picking up on what Lin mentioned.

I have added (as a trial) in excess of 100 tracks in the Project Options>Music section and could have added more.

When you consider that you can go to Project Options, make or tweak an adjustment in any one of those 100 plus tracks, record a spoken commentary and/or comment, play it to check what you have done and have it update in your project immediately without leaving PTE you have a pretty powerfull tool with which to work.

Renaming each of the tracks is possible to make each one easily identifiable.

DG

Thanks for the great tip to rename each sound clip induvidually DaveGee