WnSoft Forums

A Test For MacIntosh

Lin Evans

Thanks Ray -

Had to have a little "Frosty The Snowman" on TV in case kids are watching - LOL. I still have a few Christmas decorations to put on maybe the wall above the fireplace and the hearth, but it's the essence of a Christmas Card...

Good to hear that it worked well on the Mac. I sent a different show to a friend who has the latest Lion OS and he seemed to have some problems getting it to run the first time he tried, but maybe it was his understanding - he's a new Mac user.

Best regards,

Lin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

Thanks for checking it. What resolution is your display and which OS are you using?

I'll have to let Igor work this one out because I don't have a Mac and my highest resolution display right now is 1600x1200. I've checked carefully on the PC at various resolutions and can't see anything in the periphery on the left so assume it might be Mac OS or screen resolution centric.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

there is a small red line, about 1 or 2 pixels, on the left side of the av. While the av is playing I see a white pixel or two moving up and down this line.

Otherwise, on my mac it works well.

Hi Ken,

That problem was a horizontal white line and turned out to be a slight numerical miscalculation with PTE when determining aspect ratio. It "could" be that this is a related issue, but seemingly only on MacIntosh which is why I wondered what the screen resolution was on Mark's Mac and his OS. AFAIK, the aspect ratio for Mac displays and for Windows displays are identical for same resolution and same displays, but it would be interesting to see if I increased the size of the video slightly, if the problem went away. We will have to wait for Mark and see what he is using before experimenting.

Best regards,

Lin

ah ha found the thread

http://www.picturest.../page__hl__wine*

long thread

ken