WnSoft Forums

Possible bug when publishing HD (H264) video

fh1805

I'm using v7.0.2 and trying to publish a "HD Video file for PC and Mac". The PTE project file consists of just 11 slides, all of them 1920x1080, each slide having duration 6 seconds, 2 seconds of which is the transition time, the transition effect being Fade In/Out. There is one piece of music (an MP3 file of 30s duration) that has been added via Project Options|Music and set to Loop. The Preview and mini-player both play the sequence correctly. The publish of the HD file (HD 1920x1080, High Quality, Pan and Scan Enabled) progresses apparently normally, ends with the big green Tick, but declares a file size of 0 bytes.

I have opened the same project file in v6.5 of PTE. I forced PTE to go past the warning about version mis-match, saved the project to a new name, closed and re-launched PTE and then did a Create of the HD video file. All went as expected and the resultant video file was 5.27MB - and it plays fine in Windows Media Player.

It looks to me like I've found some kind of bug in PTE v7. My PC environmant is Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium SP1.

regards,

Peter

Cracked it!!

Because I was using a very short piece of music that wasn't long enough to fill the total show time, I set the music to Loop. With this option ticked, the video file is zero bytes. With the Loop option unticked, it generates a real video file (and the music stops part way through the show as I would expect it to). One for Igor and the wizards to resolve.

regards,

Peter

P.S. for Dave - now that I've got past this problem, we can pick up our discussion in the PMs again. I've now got a video of the graduate images.

Dave,

No, it isn't solved. I still think it might be a bug in the code - or at least, a weakness in the code's design. We'll leave it until Igor or one of the team replies to it. All I've done is to isolate the setting that causes the problem. With that option set, the fault is there.

regards,

Peter