WnSoft Forums

Animated text

tomg

I have been looking at a PTE AV that I made back in 2006. In it there is animated text that flows across the page from left to right, just as if I were writing it. I can't remember how I did this. Any Ideas ?

Take a look at that text object in the O&A view. It will have some keyframes (at start and end of the timeline) you will have set Pan values on these (look in the Animation tab)

regards,

Peter

Peter,

The text doesn't pan. It is static on the page. What does pan is the opacity of the text. Initially the entire text is zero opacity. Gradually the text becomes alive across the page from left to right. If I set the first keyframe at zero opacity and the second keyframe at 100% opacity the complete text comes alive in one piece. That is not what I want. How do I achieve a "panned opacity" effect ?

Tom

Hi Tom,

There are a few different ways to do this. Perhaps easiest way would be with a slowly moving mask. The text would be placed inside the mask and the portions of the mask which were white would "reveal" the letters while the black portion would "conceal" the letters. So if you created a PNG or JPG file which started with black on the right side then gradually changed to pure white and keyframed this mask to move slowly from far left to far right, the letters would sequentially be gradually revealed.

It could also be accomplished by keyframing the opacity of individual letters across the timeline, but the above would be much easier to accomplish.

Here's a quick "template" you can modify or change the background to video or still frame, but you can see how to do this...

http://www.lin-evans...xt/template.zip

and a quick demo:

http://www.lin-evans.org/text/textrevealdemo.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Peter,

The text doesn't pan. It is static on the page. What does pan is the opacity of the text. Initially the entire text is zero opacity. Gradually the text becomes alive across the page from left to right. If I set the first keyframe at zero opacity and the second keyframe at 100% opacity the complete text comes alive in one piece. That is not what I want. How do I achieve a "panned opacity" effect ?

Tom