WnSoft Forums

Storm Damage

fh1805

This is not an AV. It's more of a silent horror story. The four properties along our street had an exciting evening, yesterday (8th December 2011). By the clear light of day today (9th Dec.) we could see more clearly what had happened. I've provided links below for both PC and MAC versions. However, this is the first time I've attempted to create output for the MAC platform. Therefore I would appreciate confirmation from MAC users that what I have provided does work on their systems.

For MAC: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15623351/StormDamage.zip

For PC: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15623351/StormDamagePC.zip

Now all I need to do is get my nerves back under control.

regards,

Peter

Sorry Peter - danged winds can be wicked sometimes. This happens nearly every year where I live. 100 mile per hour winds are not uncommon here - we have frequent "micro-bursts" which do localized damage. My daughter tells me southern California has been hit hard lately. It seems our weather patterns are being manipulated by forces beyond our control.... At least you were not injured......

Best regards,

Lin

Peter,

I am saddened to see the damage the winds caused and hope that nobody was injured. Thankfully, here in Cheshire we had no visible damage and we saw none on our way to Runcorn this morning. My thoughts are with you.

Paul

Guest Yachtsman1

Sorry Peter - danged winds can be wicked sometimes. This happens nearly every year where I live. 100 mile per hour winds are not uncommon here - we have frequent "micro-bursts" which do localized damage. My daughter tells me southern California has been hit hard lately. It seems our weather patterns are being manipulated by forces beyond our control.... At least you were not injured......

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin There was a gust repoted on a mountain top in Scotland las night of 165MPH!!!

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1.

That's a bit "windy" for old Scotland, Eric - dang... those Scottish Lasses are smiling! Hold down them Kilts lads!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin There was a gust repoted on a mountain top in Scotland las night of 165MPH!!!

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1.

Thanks for the good wishes, guys.

Zero hour for roof lift off was 1930GMT yesterday. At that time of day, there was nobody out in any of the back gardens - so no personal injuries, thank God! It would have been nice to have aborted the countdown and cancelled the mission, but that was outside our control. We all know that we've been very lucky. If any of that debris had hit anyone, we would have been looking at major penetrating trauma and probably fatalities. As it is, there's only a whole lot of mess and damage to deal with.

As I write this (at c.1730GMT on the day after it happened) the roofers have already put my roof back together and are coming back tomorrow to replace the guttering and provide a new top to the stench pipe stack. The owner of the roof has accepted liability for all the costs of repair - so no financial worries for me (that's important so close to Christmas!)

I am now waiting for the third disaster (they say they come in threes). Ten days ago I hammered a nail through a power cable in the house whilst hanging some pictures on the lounge wall. If I suddenly vanish off the forum radar later this month, you can assume the third one got me!

regards,

Peter

Ken,

Re the humour: it releases the build up of stress and tension; and God knows, I've had my fill over the last 24 hours. The shakes kicked in this morning as I was holding a cup of coffee (that's before I'd had the caffeine and not after!). Even now, I feel that I still haven't come fully out of shock.

Thanks for the "heads-up" about the stapler; but until I get a pipe and cable detector, my picture hanging days are on hold.

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Ken,

Re the humour: it releases the build up of stress and tension; and God knows, I've had my fill over the last 24 hours. The shakes kicked in this morning as I was holding a cup of coffee (that's before I'd had the caffeine and not after!). Even now, I feel that I still haven't come fully out of shock.

Thanks for the "heads-up" about the stapler; but until I get a pipe and cable detector, my picture hanging days are on hold.

Peter

Peter

forget the cable detector, bought one mid range priced item as I wanted to move the shower head position. It was useless, couldn't detect toffee. had to hold it within 10mm of a metal object before it bleeped.

Regards Eric

BTW, just recalled my worst storm experience, it was the famous storm in the eighties, the wife arrived home in her car lifted the attached double garage door, the storm rushed in & lifted the roof and the first 4 courses of stonework & moved them back about 150 mm. Luckily the insurance company forked out but I had to fight it.

Yachtsman1.

Hello Peter! Greetings from Pennsylvania! First, sorry to see your damage. I saw a news clip about that massive storm. We here on the east Coast of the USA are familiar with such storms too. I am a Mac owner and have missed so much PTE but I come back time to time to visit all you friends here on this forum. Your presentation played perfectly and the photos were excellent. Peter we are thankful you weren't injured from the storm. Thanks for offering it in a Mac version. Bill