WnSoft Forums

Music sync to wave patterns

jtsfoto

Hi, Terry,

Welcome to the forum!

What some of us do is open the music up in a sound editor while working on the PTE slide show, and then follow the music in it in order to determine the exact timing for certain transitions. You can enter the exact time for each transition in an input text box in the timeline window if you wish. It's almost as good as having the wave form visible as part of PTE.

Thanks for the advice Al

I have tried this method, however, the time line is not usually the same as the wave in the sound editor because I tend to use more than one piece of music. I guess I could combine al the music into one file. It might end up being long. My last attempt at creating a slide show was over 18 minutes long with 9 sections, each to its own music. Is there any chance of ADMIN making a wave available in a future release? Also I noticed that nothing changes when I try to zoom in on the time line.

Terry:

I have software that I use to synch 35mm slide presentations (remember those ??) ;) that does show the wave form. Yes it helps a little, but I find I use my ear more than my eyes with that software.

I can synch as well and as fast (To my mind anyway) using the PTE timeline as I can with the wave form. (But I expect it is, as always, what one is used to using.)

I find fine-tuning the synchs MUCH easier in PTE than in the 35mm software as you can adjust to the millisecond by simply typing in the numerics you want.

Doing separate sound clips within a show would add its challenges yes. Why not try mixing them into one track and seeing how synching works for you. To be honest I always mix into one track, simply because I never thought of doing it as separate tracks. That does make my way right ;);) , only different.

Terry

Both Al and Jims advice is right.

I too still do 35mm shows (3 kodak carousels for sale soon) and find with the later PTE versions synching is fine by manual entry and viewing the wave form on a dedicated audio program, ie Cool edit etc. My Fields of Fire show is 16 min 23 seconds long and contains many very vital sycnh points. 4 within 1 min of the end. This was programmed last year in V3.18 before we had all these now extra facilities.

We really dont want to make PTE too heavy in facilities because it then defeats its original purpose. An excellent programme that fits on a FLOPPY. Microsoft cannot do that!

Mike

Mersea Island