WnSoft Forums

SVALBARD - New presentation

Lakelandlass

Following on from our trip to Lofoten, Norway in September, we flew out to Longyearbyen, Spitzbergen, which is the administrative centre of Svalbard in the High Arctic. Most of the coal mining industry in Longyearbyen is long gone but relics of the industry still remain.

From there we embarked ship for a circumnavigation of the Svalbard archipelago with several landings by Polar Circel boats. Being late summer/early autumn, we saw a land free of the ice which covers it for most of the year and exposing the fragile tundra. The landscape is mountainous and treeless and the wood you will see on this show will have been washed ashore from Siberia.

Grateful thanks, as always, to Bill, for hosting on www.beechbrook.com/pte

Maureen

Maureen,

Another excellent presentation with in my opinion award winning pictures.

One could not help feel they were looking at pictures from another world.

I loved your picture of the solitary feather amongst the stones. The music was very good and serene.

Colin

Hi Maureen,

What a pleasure to see a great AV without clips of film, if you are new to AV this is the high standard that you have to aim for.

Your photography is wonderful as usual, here you have created a body of work that conveys a great sense of solitude and loneliness without being morbid.

Thanks

Rick

Hello Maureen,

I download all your shows and though I do not respond here to all I do enjoy them. This is no exception in an AV really well done.

The savage and haunting beauty of this desolate landscape photographed wonderfully with a complimentary soundtrack.

Inspite of all the new frills and facilties that the software provides it just shows that a 'straight forward' show competently handled can still be as good as any.

Thanks for showing it.

Very pleasant to view, nice photography and music as well. Although not much sun the overcast heavy clouds added to this presentation and would not have been as special with sunshine in my view.

Paul