WnSoft Forums

VideoCD using P2E Beta 4

Eric Athroll

Hi

It may be of interest to members that I have successfully made a VideoCD that plays well on a colleague's Panasonic DVD535 Player using P2E Beta 4.

I converted my slide show (6 mins of 45 images sized at 750x500 pxls at 72 dpi and a sound track of music in mp3 format) to an AVI file checking the "interlaced for TV" box. Leaving P2E open I dropped the AVI file into Nero Vision Express and created a Nero Project which took around 50 mins to convert and then burned a Video CD at the fastest setting (single pass).

The picture quality and sound was very good, the transitions (all fades) smooth, and with perfect synchronisation of sound and picture.

I did all this with absolutely no technical knowledge whatsoever and no experience with either P2E or Nero. I've had P2E about 5 weeks and Nero 6 two days (I didn't even read the manual of either before doing all this).

This says a lot for the user friendliness of P2E (and Nero).

I hope the final version of P2E doesn't change it's apparent compatability with Nero 6.

:o Eric, I made a vcd yhe other day using nero 5 Express. My pictures were ok and my fades were fizzley as it faded but it was a good effect. Perhaps if i had Nero 6 it would have been better. When I wont to put on several presentations I do it at night and just go to bed and when I get up in the morning I take a look.

Harry

For Harry

I just upgraded to Nero 6 from 5.5 as I use it for many other tasks and it seemed the least expensive option to get all the Video CD facilities (and DVD in due course) that I want.

I was so impressed by my first effort that I have just purchased the same DVD player for myself. I now notice that on my TV (6 years old) the picture is slightly distorted at the edges and some minute flickering that wasn't apparent on my colleagues brand new Flat and Wide Screen TV, but still very acceptable.

I shall play around with both P2E Beta 4 and Nero 6 as I am sure that with more investigation and familiarity with them both I can improve things.

Eric