WnSoft Forums

Why are Photos not scaling to full screen size?

snapware

I do have a question - how come when I make an EXE slideshow, during playback on a laptop or TV, the show doesn't take up the entire screen? There is always black space on all edges of the pictures horizontal pictures. I feel like there is room to make the photo bigger. Am I doing something wrong? This is the same case when burning slideshow movies to DVD format too.

I am taking full res files from a Canon 5D camera to make the slideshows.

Here's a slideshow to download and test for yourself: http://getstak.com/files/pix2exe-sample.exe

-Steve

Snapper

change your camera setting from 4/2 to wide

Daveg and Daniel and i are trying sort my same problem as your

with my canon S3 IS i change d from the default 4/3 to WS setting

if i had your email i can send you a series of picts

and conversation

Dave will likely answer you more

ken

Steve

I am not sure if this will help, but on my web site I do have a slide show that deals with this subject. Might be worth a view to see if it joins some of the dots. Its called Image Size for both PC and Mac

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/slideshows_4.html

Thanks guys, this is all helpful, but I still can't seem to figure it out. The Horizontal Images should be able to use more of the screen space.

Ken Cox, I need to keep the 2x3 aspect ratio on my photos.

Yachtsman, I do not have an aspect ratio option in my screen options settings:

screen.jpg

Thoughts?

Steve

If you want to make a slide show for both PC and TV (DvD) use, then it probably makes most sense to create your images at a resolution of 1920*1080, which is 16:9 format. You cannot make your 3:2 images fit a 16:9 format screen without cropping them in an image editor, but that is rarely a big issue as long as you know how.

Its a fair bet, but not certain that you are working with a monitor of 16:9 format anyway, but your certainly not using a 3:2 monitor, which is the format images your Canon will give you. If you stick to 3:2 format you must have black bars left and right, but I can't think of a good reasons to remain with 3:2 while your trying to fill your screen.

If you set a resolution in the Project options > Screen Tab in PTE at 1920*1080. then look into the Main tab you will see that you have 16:9 format. Create your images at that same resolution 1920*1090 and you should be fine.

When you create the exe for the slide show, tick the box in the screen tab called Fixed size of slide (in pixels), but when you make the DVD for TV use then untick that box.

You can see how different formats will appear on your monitor with the examples in the download I sent you. There is one for 4:3 - 5:4 - 16:9 - 10:10 and 3:2

Guest Yachtsman1

Your images need to be cropped/sized to the same aspect ratio as your monitor or laptop, eg 4-3 5-4 16-9. Then set that in the common tab of PTE.

Yachtsman1

HMMMMM looks like things have changed, that screen shot was from 6.0.4, you must be using a later version. However, like Barry says you can't display 3-2 ratio pictures without either black sides or losing some of the image off-screen.

Yachtsman1. :(