WnSoft Forums

Music not synchronised when put to CD

Nettleton

When I have completed and run a slide show on the PC, the music is syncrhonised. When I burn to CD and play the CD the music is out of synch. Any suggestions please? (And good morning from the UK - You guys do a terric job!)

Good morning from the colonies Nettleton and welcome to PTE

Off the top of my head I suspect it has something to do with the .exe file size and/or the the speed at which the computer is reading from the CD.

So a little more info might be helpful.

Factors to think of are:

- is the music MP3 at about 96-112kbps ?

- are the image file sizes about 100-200kb ?

- have you tried the CD on other computers ?

Nettleton,

Two other questions:

1. By "synchronized" do you mean "synchronized" using the timeline? If you are just spreading them over the music by setting the times in the "Customize Slide" menu, then they are not truly "synchronized", and the times will vary over different computers.

2. Are you using fast "cuts", with less than 1/4 sec between them, or very large images with less than 1 or 2 sec between them? Some pc's, and possibly cd-rom's, will require longer lengths of time to display images coming too close together, and they will go out of sync.

Thank you JRR and alrobin

Firstly can I explain I am new to Pictures2Exe.

JRR - The .exe file size is 62mb which I now think is probably causing the problem! I'm using mp3 music downloaded some time ago and the music file size is 3.43mb. Have not tried to run CD on any other computer.

alrobin -

1. I didn't use the timeline. I ran the P2e through to find which slide the last note from the first piece of music finished on, then through 'customize slide', I set the next music to start on the next slide. (This seems a clumsy way to do it but the only way I could work out at the time!!)

2. As u can tell from reply to JRR, I am using large images and some do only appear for 1 or 2 secs whereas the remainder appear for 4 secs.

Will now redo my project using smaller image sizes ultimately resulting in a smaller .exe file and will post results.

Thank you both

Nettleton

Nettleton:

Glad we helped.

As a general rule, I use 800x600 pixel size images as I tend to use only fades at less than 2 seconds. If your fades are longer than 2 seconds, then you can usually get away with 1024x768 pixel images and have a smooth transition.

The time on screen is not important, what is important is that PTE has time to complete the transition from one slide to the next, plus a little breathing room (Al suggested 1/4 sec minimum) before the next transition starts.

Hope it all works out. Once you get the hang of it, PTE is great !! (It is even great before you get the hang of it ;);) )