WnSoft Forums

Timeline/Music

Tom Rowles

I have downloaded a tune which is 4m 5s long via itunes and tune clone to audition. When played back in audition it plays OK to the end at 4m 5s.

When the music is added to the P2E timeline via project options it shows the correct length of 4m 5s.

However when played back via the timeline the music stops playing at 4m 4s which is not the end of the tune and should still have another 8 second of the music to play.

The cut off point of the music of 4m 4s on the timeline shows as 3m 56s on the audition waveform. I have the end slide finishing at the end of the music. I am using P2E6.

Tom

Tom

I can't offer much advice as I don't use Itunes for my PTE music. However, I did have a recent contact who had all sorts of issues with a music track and from memory he experienced much the same as you. He also converted his music via iTunes.

It just so happened that I had the very same piece of music and when I provided it to him as an Mp3 every worked perfectly. We came to the conclusion that there was some glitch in the music and assumed that taking it from iTunes was the cause.

Can you locate/create the track in another way

Do your slide timings amount to the same time or longer than the music. Have you got synchronize music & slides ticked???

Yachtsman1

Yes I do have synchronize music and slides ticked and yes my slide timings are the same as the music end, however the music stops playing slightly before the end of the music end red line and before it reaches the end of the song, it needs to play a further 8 seconds approx to complete the music.

Tom

I can't offer much advice as I don't use Itunes for my PTE music. However, I did have a recent contact who had all sorts of issues with a music track and from memory he experienced much the same as you. He also converted his music via iTunes.

It just so happened that I had the very same piece of music and when I provided it to him as an Mp3 every worked perfectly. We came to the conclusion that there was some glitch in the music and assumed that taking it from iTunes was the cause.

Can you locate/create the track in another way

Thanks I will try yo locate a different music source to see if this works.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

Afraid I can't go any further with this as I use Audacity to add my sounds to PTE & in version 6.0.4, version 7 is different & I haven't any experience of adding music direct in 7.

Regards Eric

yachtsman1.

Tom,

You may want to check your itunes audio file to see if its encoded bit rate mode is variable (VBR) or constant (CBR)

Most downloaded music/itunes usually come encoded in a VBR bit rate mode. Convert your itunes audio file to constant (CBR) if its not already and see if this resolves your time related differences.

Tom,

You may want to check your itunes audio file to see if its encoded bit rate mode is variable (VBR) or constant (CBR)

Most downloaded music/itunes usually come encoded in a VBR bit rate mode. Convert your itunes audio file to constant (CBR) if its not already and see if this resolves your time related differences.

Many thanks all, the problem seems to solved now by using another version, not itunes/Tuneclone.