WnSoft Forums

Berlin

d67

Hello

Here you will find a slideshow (6'14" / 60 Mo) I created after a 3 days stay in Berlin.

I took with me an "old" but very pratical tiny pocket camera (Canon Ixus 850 IS) just as a sort of photo notebook.

The weather was greyish and very cold (- 10°C) so that, combined with my camera capacities and my poor interest in urban photography, I collected a few photos of weak quality.

My first intention was not to combine them in a slideshow but, as I listened to Lana del Ray's voice, I was mentally thinking about Berlin, Marlène Dietrich and my photos.

I had then the idea to create a little chronological notebook with the help of external ressources (satellite photos, 3D aerial photos, night photos of Christopher Kyba, etc.)

Such a notebook has of course many limits making it foremost suited for a very restricted use and circle (family and friends): image associations that can be confusing, illogical or not self explanatory, redundancies, some very poor quality photos, long (or too short) lasting slides, etc.

Despite of all these limits, I took much pleasure to do this slideshow ... probably that the sensual voice of Lana del Ray did its job!

Have fun

Comments of all kind welcome

Patrick

Ressources

Music extracts: Lana del Ray, Born to die + Blue jeans

Satellite photo

Aerial 3D photos

Nefertiti bust

Light Pollution Photo Gallery © 2011 Christopher Kyba or © 2011 FU Berlin

Kennedy's 1963 Berlin speech extracts

Hi Patrick,

Very nice presentation. You managed to seamlessly integrate aerial and satellite photos with your own in a very interesting and informative show! Thanks for sharing, and it's very nice to see you back on the forums! Don't stay away so long!!

Best regards,

Lin

FOR THOSE WHO do not know Patrick -- he complains a lot -- it used to be his under powered win 98 machine yet he would make shows the rest of us only dream of being able to make -- now he is complaining about his cheap camera and how poor his picts are -- i only wish i could do as well -- when he unleashes his good camera imagine what he will honor us with

keep that shutter finger limber Patrick :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

almost forgot - he has a good ear for music as well B)

ken

Well done , Patrick !

Good presentation of this old and new town ...

I love the soundtrack with these historic memories and good music .

I hope that the next time you will have the good body with the good lenses to satisfy Ken !

No beer ? No café ? Too cold ?

Well , I always went to Berlin in the summer....:rolleyes:

daniel

I kept my eye out for those crappy pictures but didn't see any! Not only"family and friends" will recognise this as an excellent show. Just one point I would have liked to see was for you to fade in and out of the pans and zooms so you don't get the jerky start and finish especially with the fast pace of the show. Very enjoyable

Hi Lin, Daniel and Mick

Thank you for taking time to comment.

During the last months, important changes in my job, kept me temporarily distant from my hobbies.

Concerning the photos ... they are really not so good. The weather and my relative disinterest to architecture and town photos apart, I tooked with me a pocket camera as I wanted to visit the town, hands in the pockets, without any bag.

The jerky start and finish of the pans and zooms are for the moment a big deal for me as it is not very intuitive to handle these options and it is far from being easy to get something smooth!

For instance, I am totally unable to end properly the path of an object that crosses a photo while zooming out (the plane in the first slide) : at the far end of it's path, the dynamic of the movement and zoom changes slightly but very visibly so that I had to find an artifice to hide it.

Patrick

Excellent presentation Patrick Liked the music as well as it fitted the visual experience you created. You also conveyed the troubled past of this city with the injection of sound bites and diagrams. Really found it fascinating and educational.

Paul