WnSoft Forums

wma sound support?

silverton

Hello, I just downloaded and registered PTE. I am wondering, are there plans to soon support .wma sounds in conjunction with slides?

My voice recorder (Pogo Ripflash DX) records in wma. I see you can use wma files for background music but not with each slide, which is what I need to do. I really don't want to buy another program to convert my wma's to mp3 or wav files if I don't have to. I tried a free one, dbPower, but it didn't work.

Thanks.

Gail

Oh, and while I'm at it, and this may be a dumb question.............why can't I save the .avi to my hard drive instead of to a cd? (4.20 beta) Most people don't like getting .exe's to open, so I was really excited to see the .avi option. I'm just curious, very new to all this. I bought this program for a presentation I need to do for work (yes, I got the commercial license....what a deal for $6 more!) but can see a lot of other things I might use it for.

Gail

Thanks, I'll add .wma support to sound comments to slides.

I don't recommend to share .avi files, because there are many problem with playing such video files (problems with codecs, another strange problems, lower performance and more worse transition effects, large size of .avi file). The most best way which I see it's DVD or SVCD video disc.