WnSoft Forums

windows media player 7

fitzner101

When I create a video avi my windows media player works but not when I just play a music cd.

A message came up and said that the program would have to switch from digital to analog.

It also said I http://www.fourcc.org/index.phpwould need video/audio codecs. I guess I lost them by turning off the computer a few times to many and I might add out of necessity.

I was told to go to a sight to find the codecs which is very complex for me so I thought someone could go to the sight and help out.

http://www.fourcc.org/index.php

:blink:

:unsure: Bart very interesting compliation of information that you shared with me.

I could not find anything that really said Windows Media Player 7 audio/video codecs .

I did find one for win Med 9 and it said it was for also Player 7 so I downloaded that one but realized that I had already did this a day ago with no luck.

I am wondering if my driver for this player is deleted? I had to shut the computer down more times then I wanted to by just pushing the power button because I had no choice.

I could have lost a file or two. Called Gateway they had me insert the System Restoration CD and this did not work.

I even just uninstalled and reinstalled WMP but no good.

Now, how do I check to see if I have a driver for WMP. I do play from WMP my video .avi presentations and any music I have on my HD. But only music CD's seem to be the only media not working.

Bart, aside from all this you and your loved ones have a Merry Christmas and a prosperious New Year.

Harry :D

:rolleyes: Bart,

apparently your site that you recommended, I finally found the windows Player 7 and it led me to the correct application and I downloaded it and it worked just fine.

Thank you so much for your help.

My pictures to exe convertions to video .avi are looking better with the beta 5.

However all I can do is make vcd's.

Harry

:o Ken, thanks for the reply,

I can't do DVD because I need a DVD burner and for now that is not in my budget.

However, with the new betas etc. I am putting my pte presentations on VCD and that is fine for now.

I just today put additional RAM on the computer from 96 to 192. So, now I can go from 98 to 98se and now add Roxio creator 6

Harry

:huh: Hmmnn well a slight correction:

I now have enough ram but my PII is 367mhz and min is 200mhz for processing audio but video needs PIII at 500mhz or faster for video authoring. Do you think I should just forget Roxio 6. I thinnk so!!

I think I should be just happy with increased speed of ram and just do the VCD.

Harry