WnSoft Forums

Scrolling text verticaly

michaelr108

Hi,

Of course. The speed of a scroll is determined by the distance you move the text within the time frame between two keyframes. Type your text then move and size the text visually. The beginning keyframe is set to zero time for the slide automatically. Create a second keyframe and move it on the timeline to where you want the scroll to end. Highlight the second keyframe and drag the text to the ending position and run the preview.

Here's a link to an audio visual tutorial. Click on the Tutorials Link and choose number 15 to get an overview of text manipulation. The tutorial is for an older version of PTE, but the basics are identical as far as keyframes are concerned:

http://www.learnpte.com

Best regards,

Lin

Hi There can I scroll text verticaly in PTE and have controll over the speed of the scroll.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi There can I scroll text verticaly in PTE and have controll over the speed of the scroll.

Hi Michael

Yes you can scroll text from any direction. The method I use is to print out my text using the slot at the top of the page with a text icon, click the icon which opens the text box. type in your text, being carefull not to over lap the page width, I use around 4 words per line, you can always arrange it later. Next go to the "Objects & Animation2" button you will now see your text overlayed on the slide you set it on. The quick way now is to single click the text which puts a "bounding box" around it, drag the sides of the box to the width you want, then drag it down so the text disappears off the bottom of the page. click the Plus sign above the play button bottom right of the screen, then drag the text bounding box upwards until the last line of text disappears at the top of the screen, Then tick the LH arrowhead which was next to the Plus sign you ticked first. Then go to Customise slide, & set the time you want the text to scroll up the screen.

Yachtsman1.