WnSoft Forums

Nuntii Latini (Spring)

Delicate

Hi

In the direction of the Helsinki Camera Club (Kameraseura) in Finland and the 'AV-evening' activity, a task was set to use members creativity to create audiovisual shows with a use of just a limited number of given still pictures.

This small group of pictures (about 110 pcs) was the one to choose from, and the theme for the pictures was 'Spring'.

This project is one result of this task.

The basic idea for my show was 'Nuntii Latini', News in Latin.

With a use of real voices from the Finnish broadcast, I made a 'translation' to Finnish, a translation that 'not exactly corresponded' to the original content. In fact I have to say, that I don't understand a word of Latin...

To people speaking other languages than Finnish I also have to say, that you really need to understand what is written in the show to fully catch the whole idea... Except for those speaking Latin, to whom this might sound like total nonsense.

I choosed to publish my project on Vimeo, and choosed also to use only 720p HD resolution not to 'frighten' those with bad internet connections or slow computers.

In the same time this was a good opportunity to promote making of AV-presentations and with a use of PicturesToExe.

http://vimeo.com/38818350

Regards,

Jan

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Jan

Watched your show, what can I say? The animation, particularly the opening & closing titles were jerky, as were a number of the other sequences such as the growing flowers even on a second run through. I loved the frogs, thought that was great & in the main, pictures were excellent quality. As for the story, even after a second run through it was over my head. ;)

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

You warned us, I didn't understand a single word! lol

But it looks really great on the (new) iPad, perfectly smooth.

Perfect use of animation in my opinion, slide transitions not too long. Really really nice work.

I guess the other members of your camera club will enjoy it.

I liked it. Thank you very much for sharing :-)

You warned us, I didn't understand a single word! lol

But it looks really great on the (new) iPad, perfectly smooth.

Perfect use of animation in my opinion, slide transitions not too long. Really really nice work.

I guess the other members of your camera club will enjoy it.

I liked it. Thank you very much for sharing :-)

Thanks for your reply. Yes there were actually a trace of a smile in the spectators faces...

Good to know that it worked smoothly on your iPad.

Thanks again.

Eric and Ken.

Thanks for watching. Also good to get responses on how HD movies plays on peoples computers over internet. There must be a big variety of experiences on this worldwide. More and more when technology improves and lines are getting better it will help people watching high resolution movies over internet.

This show on Vimeo were of HD 720p resolution, even though it was published as a fullHD 1080p MP4 movie with PTE.

But of course, a PTE EXE presentation is far beyond in quality.

Ken, those 'red vessels' at 01:06 are buoys where to tighten boats summertime...

Regards,

Jan

Hi Jan,

An interesting camera club challenge.

A fair bit of work went into your version and it does show.

Well executed,entertaining and most importantly confusing.

Latin was always Greek to me. “Graecum est; non potest legi”.

Here is a short Latin lesson in English, with Greek sub titles of course.

Well done,

Davy