WnSoft Forums

Igor

I am sure this has been asked for before, but I think there is a good case for image blur to be considered. We need image blur quite often when we create picture in picture techniques and when we want to place text over an image. It makes the inset images/Text stand out well against the image beneath. The ones that I prefer are gaussian blur and also movement blur. I have also used these blur options between transitions to try and create something different, so they have other creative uses too.

They are easily done in an image editor of course, but how much more convenient in PTE. I would like to be able to copy and paste an image and then to be able to add blur to just the copy, leaving the original sharp. However, I would also like the noise/texture option I mentioned a while back. When you blur an image or add gradients of solid colour in any image editor or PTE, the result often looks unatural and too obviously computer generated.A tiny amount of monochrome gaussian noise is all that is required for a much better result.

This was actually on the development list. When Igor gave his talk at Cirencester in September 2010 he demonstrated an image blur effect that was on the 'to do' list for a future version. I guess its taken a bit longer to develop than was thought!

Ian