WnSoft Forums

Time line...

isabel95

I know we can customize the length of time each slide is on the screen, but I can't find any sort of time line with which to visualize the "flow" of the program. Have I missed it? Is it possible to preview the pictures as you adjust the time of the music?

TIA.

Isabel

Hi Isabel:

Yes there is away to do what you want. (I assume you mean you want to adjust the time of the images to the music, not the music itself)

I am not sure how you are doing the timing right now, but it seems you are not using the TIMELINE.

Here is what I do. (You can see the images transitioning in the right side of the TIMELINE)

1. I start to work on the PTE show, by loading in all the images (usually starting with a black one) and then using

PROJECT OPTIONS > MAIN tab > I click on Synchronize slide show to music duration.

2. After setting the other PROJECT OPTIONS tabs the way you want, I click OK and then Save AS. (I always use SAVE AS/CREATE AS to make sure the right name and (sub)folder is being used)

3. Then I go back to PROJECT OPTIONS > MAIN tab > CUSTOM SYNCHRONIZATION > TIMED POINTS > ADD ARRANGED POINTS

That spreads you images out evenly over the music duration. (Purists will enter each transition as they listen to the music, but I have a tin ear and tend to do it quickly via this method and then fine-tune the timings)

4. Then I adjust the timing of each slide both for time on screen, transition time and effect (via CUSTOMIZE SLIDE)

Positioning an image in #4 is achieved by dragging the image using the small numbers below the TIMELINE to wherever you want it.

A hint: When you start the show using the TIMELINE you hit PLAY, if you want to stop it to fine tune a slide timing, hit PAUSE and then you can click PLAY again and it start from where you stopped it. If you hit STOP, it restarts again at the first image.

The positioning of where you are in the show is shown on the TIMELINE by the little blue triangle. You can click below the TIMELINE as the show is playing and that will re-position you to where you clicked.

If you want to check the show with a larger image than the TIMELINE smaller image. You can use the PREVIEW button on the MAIN PAGE, which will start the show from slide one. Or using the little "slice of bread" in the bottom right of the image preview screen on the MAIN PAGE. Simply highlight, in the SLIDE LIST below the IMAGE PREVIEW, where you want the show to start and then click on that blue and white "Slice of bread" and the show will start full screen at that image for you to check the transitioning etc.

I hope that helps

Isabel,

My tutorial "PTE 101" has a section with quite a bit of detail on how to use the timeline. It is available for downloading on page 2 of Beechbrook.

Thank you Jim and Al for helping me with the synchronization.

Al...I looked at your tutorial months ago when I first started playing with PTE. Watching it again made me aware of lots of things I overlooked.

The instructions for the synchronization were extremely helpful and I redid "Devyn's Christmas" altering the times between slides. I could have done with a few month slides because I feel a few are on the screen too long, but I was extremely pleased with how easy it is to make the adjustments.

Everything about PTE is so EASY and quick to use.

I just love this program!

Thanks so much, guys!

Isabel