WnSoft Forums

Life and Art

Lin Evans

A slideshow I just did for my lady friend Lisah. It spans the years from 1980 through present and features Lisah, her art and her voice.... Nothing fancy - no animation - simple fades between images....

http://www.lin-evans.org/lisah/art.zip (about 29 meg zipped Windows exe)

http://www.lin-evans...isah/artmac.zip (about 29 meg native MacIntosh executable)

http://www.lin-evans.org/lisah/index.htm (web video version)

Lin

Hi Davy,

Thanks!

She is also a talented writer and accomplished dancer - now if I can teach her PTE she will be the "compete" woman - LOL.

Lisah is really a great lady. He art career is finally beginning to blossom and hopefully she will soon be recognized for the truly great talent she has.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin, beautiful show, of a beautiful lady.

May I ask, what program did you use, for the web version of the show?

I would like to use something like that for my site.

All the best, Gayland

Hi Gayland,

Thanks - I'll pass your remarks along to Lisah - she will appreciate it!

I use Xara Web Designer. First, I output the MP4 directly from PTE at 800x600 resolution, though it's possible with Web Designer to use any resolution so HD 1080 is fine too if your slideshow is in 16:9 aspect ratio.

Next you open Web designer - click "File" "New" - choose your web size and Import. Then it takes only seconds to create all the necessary code and Export "Web Site" to a folder. Just copy it all to your choice of folder on your website. The entire process of taking the PTE output, importing to Xara and creating the code to upload the show to your site literally takes less than 60 seconds. You can download a trial of Xara Web Designer (latest version 8) here:

http://www.xara.com/us/

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin, I have bought Xara Web Designer 8 and am in the process, of building a website.

I have been using 1&1 and do have a small site, nothing spectacular, but am trying with Xara, to get a better

looking site.

Thanks for your help, an all the best, Gayland.

Hi Gayland,

If you need any help figuring out how to load your MP4's into Xara - just let me know and I'll walk you through it step by step. When you have done it once, it will be exceedingly easy to do. Changing background color, etc., is simply a click and drag from the pallet thing and the new Xara 8 lets you embed fonts on your website so there is no longer a need to use "web safe" fonts or convert everything to graphics.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

When I was circa 12 years old, what some nearly 60 years ago, Jimmy Young, in the UK, recorded "Unchained Memory". It became my favourite song, in fact my first introduction to music of any kind. Through the years it has been recorded probably by more people than any other song - some good, some awful, but none as good as Jimmy Youngs's original version. But Lisah's version comes a very good second. Dewey eyes and some personal difficulties meant that the visuals were a bit lost on me. However, having pulled myself together, the rest of the A/V will rank with me as one of the best things you have done. I shall keep it.

Mickp.

Hi Mick,

Thank you so much - I know Lisah will really appreciate this too. I know what you are going through - I had the same experience two years ago in August - my prayers and hopes are that all will turn out for the best!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Daniel,

Thanks very much - she is a very unique and talented lady. Making a slideshow with her amazing art and talent is always fun - just deciding where to start and stop is the challenge...

Best regards,

Lin