WnSoft Forums

River Mouse

For those who had a catastrophic failure I have reduced the resoulution on a slide in the middle of the show. hope you will try it again

This is part of a much fuller av but emphasising just the video aspects to illustrate my current technique which consists of taking a still shot then with no other camera change pressing the video button. In the show I usually show the still then break into the video My hope is to use video effectively but not to overdo it.

Although a part is not too photogenic it is important for the overall story when completed.

The clip labelled aeration weir uses a mask to allow part of the vegetation to move in the breeze while the rest remains static. Other clips are full screen.

AR 16:9, 5 min to download.

Comments are invited.

It can be found at

http://www.mediafire.com/?tfeqrun83bd87hb

Steve Alexander

This is part of a much fuller av but emphasising just the video aspects to illustrate my current technique which consists of taking a still shot then with no other camera change pressing the video button. In the show I usually show the still then break into the video My hope is to use video effectively but not to overdo it.

The clip labelled aeration weir uses a mask to allow part of the vegetation to move in the breeze while the rest remains static.

AR 16:9, 5 min to download.

Comments are invited.

It can be found at

http://www.mediafire...xqgmqy96mbh9odo

Steve Alexander

======================

Steve,

I downloaded and ran your show. However, in the middle of the show I got the following error message and it froze:

"There is not disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Drive\Harddisk4\DR4"

Had to do a Alt-Ctrl-Delete to get out of it.

Gary

======================

Steve,

I downloaded and ran your show. However, in the middle of the show I got the following error message and it froze:

"There is not disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Drive\Harddisk4\DR4"

Had to do a Alt-Ctrl-Delete to get out of it.

Gary

I have reduced the resolution on a clip in the middle which may have caused the trouble I hope you will try again.

regards,

Steve

I have reduced the resolution on a clip in the middle which may have caused the trouble I hope you will try again.

regards,

Steve

=====================================

Steve,

Now I am not sure if your file has anything to do with this error message. I was at a friends house this morning and I played one of my PTE shows on her computer. I got the same error message!!! I was playing it off of my thumb drive. So, in this case, there does not seem to be any connection with your file.

What is strange is that on my PC, your file is the only one that has created this error message. I have Googled around to see what I might find but nothing has shown up yet that helps figure out this problem. I have looked into my Disk Management (Windows7) but there is nothing strange in there. I can not get the error message to appear when I play my PTE files on my PC.

But when I play your file on my PC, it happens every time, at the same place.

I just don't know yet what is going on. Always something....:(

Gary

P.S. And now the error message says "\Drive\Harddisk3\DR3", instead of "\Drive\Harddisk4\DR4"

I have reduced the resolution of a clip in the middle which may have caused the trouble. I hope you will try again.

Regards,

Steve.

==========================

Steve,

I think I may have resolved the problem. Not sure exactly what was going on, but here is what I did.

I went into my Windows7 Disk Management and deleted 'Disk 3'. This 'Disk 3' is one of the 6 inputs of my Card Reader/Writer. Now, when I play your file, it does not create the error message. :D

But....why in the world would I have gotten the same error message when I was playing one of my PTE files on a different PC??????????????????

Still a mystery!!! :blink:

Gary

I have reduced the resolution of a clip in the middle which may have caused the trouble. I hope you will try again.

Regards,

Steve.

==============================

Steve...

And then, I am not sure if I really understand what is happening. I just tried your original River Mouse.exe on my wife's PC, playing if from a thumbdrive. I get the same error message. Is it possible that one of the videos that you are using for the show are actually in a different folder than the other files? It just looks like the exe is trying to pull in a video file from some other location.

I saw that Tom did not get the error message, but I am drawing a straws here to understand what is going on.

Thanks... Gary

Regards,

Steve.

======================

Greetings,

I think I have resolved the issue.

After running an updated Malwarebytes, it found 2 bugs. See below. After these were removed, the error message does not show up.

I hope this holds up:

Registry Values Detected: 1

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Associations|bak_Application (Hijacker.Application) -> Data: http://shell.windows...edir.asp?Ext=%s -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Detected: 1

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Associations|Application (Hijacker.Application) -> Bad: (http://www.helpmeope...p&l=%04x&ext=%s) Good: (http://shell.windows...edir.asp?Ext=%s) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.

Don't know where it came from but so far so good.

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

Steve,

I just happened to play your River Mouse again. I got the same error message in the show in the same place as indicated in my Comment #4 above. I ran Malwarebytes again and it found a couple 'bugs' again (Adware and Toolbar type files). I removed the bugs and now your show plays just fine. It is really strange that only your show comes up with this error message and that Malwarebytes fixes it.

This is not a complaint or any negative report. It is just interesting that this happens with only a PTE show and only your show and apparently only on my PC. But this is a good reminder to run Malwarebytes and other diagnostic programs to find what is lurking in the background. :rolleyes:

Gary

Steve,

I just happened to play your River Mouse again. I got the same error message in the show in the same place as indicated in my Comment #4 above. I ran Malwarebytes again and it found a couple 'bugs' again (Adware and Toolbar type files). I removed the bugs and now your show plays just fine. It is really strange that only your show comes up with this error message and that Malwarebytes fixes it.

This is not a complaint or any negative report. It is just interesting that this happens with only a PTE show and only your show and apparently only on my PC. But this is a good reminder to run Malwarebytes and other diagnostic programs to find what is lurking in the background. :rolleyes:

Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm sorry for the headaches my show has caused you. I have downloaded it several times and it plays fine on my desktop. BUT I have found that on at least two occasions during playback I have got a WARNING from"Microsoft Security Essentials Alert" that my computer has THREE VIRUSES AND THAT i SHOULD CLICK TO PREVENT A SYSTEM CRASH. This is clearly a threat. I close down my computer and do a malware check and there are NO Virus/trojans. THIS HAS ONLY EVER HAPPENED AFTER DOWNLOADING FROM MEDIAFIRE.

I have nothing further that I can add but I do hope the show was of some interest.

Regards,

Steve.

Hi Gary,

I'm sorry for the headaches my show has caused you. I have downloaded it several times and it plays fine on my desktop. BUT I have found that on at least two occasions during playback I have got a WARNING from"Microsoft Security Essentials Alert" that my computer has THREE VIRUSES AND THAT i SHOULD CLICK TO PREVENT A SYSTEM CRASH. This is clearly a threat. I close down my computer and do a malware check and there are NO Virus/trojans. THIS HAS ONLY EVER HAPPENED AFTER DOWNLOADING FROM MEDIAFIRE.

I have nothing further that I can add but I do hope the show was of some interest.

Regards,

Steve.

============================

Steve,

Yes, I enjoyed the show. I also have Microsoft Security Essentials but it does not give me any alerts, even when Malwarebytes had detected some adware type bugs. PCs can drive you a bit nuts when there is no obvious explanation for what might be going on.

I just ran Malwarebytes and it did not show any problems. I then ran your show again, and guess what...got the same error message. I re-ran Malwarebytes and it still does not show any problems. So, let's just chalk it up to alien activity....:D.

I just have no idea what might be going on....

Gary