WnSoft Forums

New AV

Thanks to Bill once again you can find my new AV on Beechbrook.com,

These images were shot about three years ago and i had forgotten all about them, they where all shot in San Diego on board the USS Midway.

For those interested all these images in this AV where in fact rejected by one of my photographic agents.

Number of images 30 - AV Size 20.2 mb - Run time 4 min 15 sec -Aspect ratio 16:10 - Camera Canon 1D III - Lens 35mm to 350mm zoom (a great lens but no longer available) - ASA or ISO 400. All images hand held. Your constructive comments are always welcome.

Beechbrook Link

EDITING OF POST'S to the FORUM

I was somewhat surprised to find that my recent post regarding my new AV was edited and in doing so appears to have destroyed members from checking out my AV, because my post now reads like garbage.

There where some recent posts asking members to include more information about their Av's, so of course like an idiot i included more information regarding the shoot and equipment used.

Now if this was the reason for the editing i apologize, if this was not the reason then it must have been that i included the email address of Beechbrook. For including this address i do not apologize because without Bill's help and his website most of the members would never have heard about

Winsoft.

Bill's site as probably been indirectly responsible for a large amount of the sales of PTE.

As for myself i will never buy another product from Winsoft and i will never again post another AV to any site.

Roderick (Rick) Edwards ARPS

Hi Rick,

You probably should wait and find out what happened before jumping to conclusions and getting all pushed out of shape. It appears that a forum software snafu has caused the issue from what I can determine. The only thing that was done by the moderator was to "add" a link to Beechbrook. I'll see if I can fix the problem....

I "think" it's fixed. There is an issue with the forum software when trying to add links. It's not working correctly and sometimes does this - there is absolutely no intent by "anyone" at Wnsoft or moderators to do anything but "help" make it easier to reach Beechbrook.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Ken,

There is something wrong with the forum software. I've noticed this in the past. When you added the link, all the internal code suddenly became visible and it was almost impossible to read the text. The screen image looked very much like Microsoft Word when you use "Reveal Codes" so all the supposedly hidden formatting codes which give line breaks, paragraph breaks, etc., were visible.

I've noticed for some time now that when I try to add links for my tutorials, things just don't work right. Sometimes what I type disappears, sometimes it goes nuts like it did after your added the link today. What Rick saw was a total mess and I'm absolutely certain that's not how you left it after adding the link. It's a forum software issue and we need to have Igor look at it and see what is happening because it can be very annoying. I think Rick thought someone intentionally made a mess of his post, and obviously that wasn't the case. He really "should" know better and not fly off the handle until he found out what happened - but that's something only he can control.

The point is that you were only doing what you are supposed to do as a moderator and the software created a mess. I tried to straighten it out and I "hope" it doesn't happen again, but there is no guarantee until we find out what is causing the issue.

Best regards,

Lin

Rick

i added the link to Beechbrook which you had apparently forgot - we get new members daily and they have no way of knowing who Bill is or what Beechbrook

sorry you got so upset about it

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Rick

I must have downloaded your show prior to the hiccoughs. It was very late last night here in the UK & I was only surfing waiting for the results of the London Mayor elections. When I down loaded it there was no link to Beechbrook or title in your text, However, I decided to go ahead & look on Beechbrook for it for two reasons, I spent my honeymoon in San Diego & am a great aircraft buff. We sailed through the US Navy yards & under the Coronado bridge on one of the trips from the quay, there was an aircraft carrier there, but I'm not sure which one, this was back in 1995.

Your show, first, the quality of the images was great, however after the first 10 I was getting bored, same colours, same type of shots with wings clipped off & no shots at all of the Midway or the shore line to break up the monotony. So as a show it didn't work for me, as a collection of close up aircraft detail it was good. I will look again as Boris the bufoon had just been elected during my viewing, but I think I spotted a Grunmann Panther or one of it's derivatives. The music was the Top Gun theme which fitted the theme of the show but I would have preferred an instrumental version.

Finally, sorry the post got messed around, that's a new one on me & you can see how many posts I've made.

Yachtsman1.

Hi rick235

Informatics has sometimes curious behaviours :huh:

It is always very difficult to take good pictures in a confined space but here, the exercise gives a good and interesting result.

The shots are clear and sharp and the use of wide angled point of views mixed with more closer ones is pleasant.

There are still some negative points:

- many duplicated, threefolded or fourfolded images

- the urban background would benefit from a finer management of the depth of field to blur it, as you tried it in the second front shot of the F-18

- why didn't you incorporate some shots of details of the aircraft carrier itself to give more variety to your subject?

Anyway, thank you for sharing

P.S. The pilot dummies is a good exhibition manager's idea to give a bit "life" to this static exposition

Best regards

Patrick

Hi Ken and all members of the Forum,

My apologies for getting so upset with the editing of my post, i had just spent the whole day trying to get the AV correct so that i could post it to the forum before the end of that day. Thanks to Lin for reworking my post so that it looked the same as i had posted, in my rush to get it to the members forum i inadvertently left out the title of the AV and apparently the full address of where the the AV was posted. I need to use the old maxim of more haste and less speed.

Once again i apologize to Ken and to the forum members.

Rick.

Hi Rick,

Im a bit of an aircraft fanatic so I for one really enjoyed your show.

Do you have any more shots of Midway?

Im in the process of buying new camera and laptop at the moment and at the end of june im going to RAF Waddington here in the UK and I hope to take many photos of the aircraft which will be displaying with the new camera.

I would have loved a ride in some of those aircraft and still see my self as Tom Cruise (I wish) :) :) :)

ralph

I would have loved a ride in some of those aircraft and still see my self as Tom Cruise (I wish) :) :) :)

Hi Ralph

With an oversized billfold, you will have a great choice of hunters to ride here!

If you are not familiarized with french language, you can easily translate web pages with this tool

Patrick

Reply to comments on my recent AV,

Yachtsman 1,

Comment-wings clipped off.

My excuse. I make my living as a stock photographer and as such try to avoid people in my images to try to avoid copy write, but your point is valid, hence the clipped of wings. This one of the major problems with shooting in public places for stock photographers.

Comment-Same colors

No excuse- Unfortunately light grey is the color the US Navy paints its military aircraft and this i have no control of, I agree with you it is a pretty boring color.

d67 Patrick,

Comment-Depth of field.

No excuse-your point is well taken.

Comment- Same shot three or four fold.

No need for an excuse because your point is not valid, no shot is repeated. Some shots are of the same aircraft but are all different, their are only a few aircraft on display and to produce shots of thirty or forty different aircraft that are not their is not ethical.

Comment-No detailed shots of the aircraft carrier its self

No excuse- I make my living as a stock photographer and as such try to avoid people in my images to try to avoid copy write, but your point is valid. This one of the major problems with shooting in public places for stock photographers.

deskjet1uk,

Comment-Do I have any more shots of the aircraft.

Reply- sorry no, but have lots of shots of WWII military aircraft and a lot of new military aircraft shot at Edwards AFB, someday I will try to get around to produce an AV of them.

Thank you all for your comments

Rick

Hi Rick

Great Reply and thank you.

Rick if you ever want to put a "Joint" show together sometime I would be interested. Im planning to spend two days at Waddington air show so if you want to think about a USA/UK show let me know.

Im looking forward to seeing the shots from Edwards.

Ralph