WnSoft Forums

All the Fun of the Fair

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Having read all posts on this AV I thought that I would download it (even at 86mg......I do recall your 20mg download limit a little while ago)

Intially Norton didn't want to know and binned it saying that it was an unknown threat and very few Norton users had downloaded it etc etc. I have only recently come to having Norton on this new Windows 7 descktop that a friend of mine built for me and ditched AVG for Norton. Eventually I reclaimed this file and watched it.

Very colourful and some nice shots. I do realise the point of the show having read your accompanying post and even though it was jerky on my set I feel that you will have fun (with perseverence) incorporating video and stills however controversial this is. The quick fire bursts do compete with video and this trial AV was a little show of many things not sitting as well together as they might, transtitions and timings etc. I thought the music was fine.

I imagine that you are pleased with the result and you Eric being as industrious as you are in making AVs will soon have ironed out these little issues.

Anthony

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks Anthony

Just back from Salford Quays with around 150 pictures to edit (unfortunately forgot the wife's camera), no burst sequences, only accidental, their isn't much space between the buttons & it's easy to press the wrong one when concentrating on the viewfinder. Took a few video sequences one I may be able to edit to fit into a Media City show. Managed to get a few papparatzi shots when two of the Dragons Den stars were outside the Costa-lot coffee shop, more later.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Ralph, the Imperial War Museum was a big disapointment, it's a waste of a building, the lack of static exhibits was dreadful. It is obviously aimed at school groups trooping around the glass cases with a recorded commentary. Not a patch on the Air & Space/ Science & Industry in the middle of Manchester, they ought to move that there. The highlight was the viewing platform, unfortunately the guy who designed it should be shot, only around 50 degrees can be accessed & through arrow slits.

The Lowry is another disaster for the photographer, it's free to enter, then you are met with the begging desk where you are asked to make a contribution of at least £2.50 per person, I thought that was good value until my 5th shot when I was leapt upon by one of the hangers on telling me photography was forbidden. Well, as you can imagine, after handing over £5 with my camera in my hand, being told 5 minutes later, no photography I was well & truly annoyed. I tried remonstrating & was told I could speak to the manager. The manager arrived but he sang the same song, despite the fact that when I paid my money over he was the one who accepted it & must have seen the camera around my neck. He said there were signs to that effect, none at the entrance, eventually I found one 6ft up on a wall sized at 150mm x 100mm. I was not the only complainant, one guy had travelled 200 miles to see a particular picture only to find it was unlit and in shadow. Rant over.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.